Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Pixelation with DVR

New Poster

Pixelation with DVR

In the past couple of months I've been losing some of my recorded regular shows. If I'm home to view live on TV there's no problem. When viewing saved recordings I lose small portions of dialogue (like a "jump cut" in film), and video/sound quality is poor (pixelated, static, etc). Especially bad streaming on other devices, but also occurs on TV with *the same programs*. I've put off complaining ASSUMING this would be handled at the transmission point. It has not been corrected.

I was a customer since the mid 1970's when Comcast first came to Ann Arbor. I left in the 1980's due to inadequate responses to quality and service complaints. Recently, during a move, I came back to try the service again, having heard some good comments locally. I'm beginning to feel I never switched back! Service is poor (other than the initial installation) and prices turned out to be higher than I had before with U'VERSE! When I inquired about that I got different people with high pressure scripts trying to "upsell" me instead of addressing my cost concerns. Finally I got to a price that was about what I paid for U'Verse, but it turned out to restrict most of my channels of interest, despite naming the networks I wanted included! None of the customer "service" reps were familiar with the channel lineups in my area, as they relate to the structured packages.

Needless to say, I'm considering leaving again, and going to U'Verse or some other provider (Dish, HULU, etc).

IN THE MEANTIME, PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE WITH THE DVR PIXELATION, THE DVR BEING A CHARGED ADDON (unlike AT&T where it's included).
Official Employee

Re: Pixelation with DVR

Sounds like the hard drive is failing, nothing you can do but swap it out.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation