Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Persistent Error 517

New Poster

Persistent Error 517

I have been experiencing intermittent 'Error 517's for over a month -- despite having the most up-to-date flash player and having followed the technical help instructions Multiple Times.  Sometimes the shows will play, sometimes I get this error.  However, now I'm getting this error every single time I try.  I've redone the whole tech help song and dance and it's not working -- even with restarting the computer in between uninstall and reinstall.  This is getting a bit ridiculous, seeing as how I pay for this service to be available AND I have the flash player version I am supposed to have ....  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

My Zip Code:Unknown

My Cable Provider:Unknown

Use Dac:True

My Conroller ID:33

My Map ID:5

My Persona ID:9820

My myDVR Manager Status:Not Installed

My Set Top Box Names:Not Installed

My Watchlist setup:FalseFacebook Watchlist Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:False

My public IP address:72.52.91.137

My operating system:Windows - Undefined

My web browser:Chrome 37 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.103 Safari/537.36

My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device

My Silverlight version:5.1.30514.0

My Flash version:14.0.0

Javascript:Enabled

Cookies:Enabled (1587 Bytes).

Tags (2)
Regular Contributor

Re: Persistent Error 517

I'm sorry and I wish that I could offer some insight into this error but Comcast it very tight lipped about what these numeric errors mean. The best advice I can give you is to try and go directly to the networks own web site and try and watch from there, I'm sorry to say that some programs are not available on the networks site for example BBC America does not offer streaming from their site so it's either Xfinity or nothing. This is a workaround only and not a real solution but other people have mentioned that the 517 error can correct itself after a time.

- Norm

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation