Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Permanent Fullscreen while watching movies?

New Poster

Permanent Fullscreen while watching movies?

I've noticed that whenever I try to watch a movie or show through your website, Fullscreen mode does not stay up when I deselect the movie itself. I have two monitors and will often watch something on one, while working on my main monitor. Is there anything I can do to keep Fullscreen mode on when I don't have that window selected? If not, Comcast should really look into fixing that.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Permanent Fullscreen while watching movies?

Rwsteere wrote:

I've noticed that whenever I try to watch a movie or show through your website, Fullscreen mode does not stay up when I deselect the movie itself. I have two monitors and will often watch something on one, while working on my main monitor. Is there anything I can do to keep Fullscreen mode on when I don't have that window selected? If not, Comcast should really look into fixing that.

I have a similar set-up and am seeing no issues.

I am currently writing this response on my Windows XP while Luck is playing on my other computer in full screen on my Mac 10.6. When I move the mouse over to my Mac, the video stays in fullscreen. I am using a software called Synergy.

What videos are exiting out of full screen mode? What are the operating systems and web browsers of each computer? What hardware and/or software are you using to link up your computers?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Right now it's any video I attempt to play. I am running Windows 7 and using Google Chrome as my browser. This is all on one computer, a custom built Sager Laptop

New Poster

I'm having the same issues.  Running latest Mac Os Lion and latest Google Chrome.  Will not stay in full screen.  Could it be silverlight?!

Regular Visitor

I have dual LCDs and comcast xfinity videos do not stay full screen even if I set permission in silverlight.

I noticed that flash videos on comcast will stay full screen.

Also CBS videos using silverlight will stay full screen with permissions.

Here are the permisions that work for cbs

StaysInFullScreenWhenUnfocused

http://www.cbssports.com:80  with Reg_DWORD set to 11 

This is a registry setting.

So I added http://xfinitytv.comcast.net:80 to the registry and it shows up in the silverlight permission settings.

I go to play a movie on the other LCD and as soon as I click to the other LCD it will go to small size.

Very annoying.

Comcast what is the proper setting to FORCE full screen when unfocused?????

Thanks!

New Poster

HEY!  if anyone is still reading this, can someone give me the exact steps in the registry on how to edit or add something to force comcast to be full screen when running 2 monitors? Im on windows 7, and firefox. Im also on the most current silverlight.

Thanks!

New Poster

same issue here, 

windows 7 pro, 

Chrome,

Latest silverlight (the comcast download one)

tv is hooked up via hdmi and a crt via vga 

New Poster

i think the 80 is extraneous, its likely just port number 80 which is TCP/IP (used but the vast majority of internet)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation