Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Parental controls, creating a PIN not submitting

Frequent Visitor

Parental controls, creating a PIN not submitting

I just downloaded the App to my kids' Kindle Fire's and I wanted to set up specific controls for their user accounts.  I went into my account (primary) and went to the parental control section, it asked me to create a PIN.  However, when I put one in and confirm it, and hit "Create", nothing happens.  It's like it doesn't submit it.  I'm using Chrome, so I tried it in the Explorer, and also on the Kindle, but nothing works.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Parental controls, creating a PIN not submitting

the app does not work on the kindle fire.

Frequent Visitor

I'm pretty sure they just released it, I got an email from them yesterday and got the app from amazon's website.  But that's not the point, the point is that even on my desktop, it's not allowing me to set the PIN for the parental controls.

Official Employee

gregwoods wrote:

I just downloaded the App to my kids' Kindle Fire's and I wanted to set up specific controls for their user accounts.  I went into my account (primary) and went to the parental control section, it asked me to create a PIN.  However, when I put one in and confirm it, and hit "Create", nothing happens.  It's like it doesn't submit it.  I'm using Chrome, so I tried it in the Explorer, and also on the Kindle, but nothing works.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Try creating your pin at customer.comcast.com.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

That's where I've been trying, I'm the primary user, I go to Xfinity TV Online Parental Controls, when that opens it says Please create a 4-digit PIN to enable XFINITY® TV Online Parental Controls.  I enter a PIN, and then again where it says confrim.  Then I hit the "Create" button and nothing happens.

Frequent Visitor

Anything?  It still doesn't work.

Silver Problem Solver

I said earlier I have not seen that comcast has released an app for the kindle fire.  If you can show me a link to that I would appreciated it as that would be news to me.   Also if there is indeed an app for kindle fire if its like the ios app you enable the parental controls in the app not on the computer.    So if there is no app for kindle fire then you cannot create a pin obviouisly, that was what I was trying to say in me earlier response.

Frequent Visitor

http://www.amazon.com/Comcast-Interactive-Media-XFINITY-Player/dp/B00AOA9BL0/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile-app...

Here's the app.  They ask fairly quickly upfront if you want to enable Parental Controls in the app, so I said yes, and it took me to the same webpage that I keep going to on the desktop.  You login, go to your account, then one of the icons on the bottom towards the right is parental control.  That's how I get there.

Silver Problem Solver

thanks, thats news to me.   I just tried in on my ipad and it works, there might be an issue on comcasts end with this, its a holiday weekend, try posting this in the xfinity tv  thread where comcast joe troubleshoots.  He can look at your account and see if something is not right there. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation