Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Parental Controls Issue

New Poster

Parental Controls Issue

Hi, 

I am attemptin to watch Dexter, I have no parental controls set on my account and the only thing that comes up is a message about how Dexter is TV-MA. However the show never plays.  Not sure what I am doing wrong, or how to get past this to actually watch the show. 

Thanks

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Parental Controls Issue

melhillberg wrote:

Hi, 

I am attemptin to watch Dexter, I have no parental controls set on my account and the only thing that comes up is a message about how Dexter is TV-MA. However the show never plays.  Not sure what I am doing wrong, or how to get past this to actually watch the show. 

Thanks

Is this happening to all episodes of Dexter or just certain ones?

Also, try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

This just started when my daughter logged on as well.  Used to work just fine.  When I set the accounts up she was very young and there was an option to say she was a child.  She is 18 now, but there is no way to change her status in the user preferences since it went to the new format.  I did create a pin, go into each sections of the parental controls and unchecked the couple that were checked (why I don't know), signed onto her account and this appeared to work.  I am waiting for her verification.  Is it possible that it is supposed to prompt for a pin since it was "checked" but since no pin existed there was no prompt?  I am awaiting verification from my daughter at college...

Official Employee

sharbercol wrote:

This just started when my daughter logged on as well.  Used to work just fine.  When I set the accounts up she was very young and there was an option to say she was a child.  She is 18 now, but there is no way to change her status in the user preferences since it went to the new format.  I did create a pin, go into each sections of the parental controls and unchecked the couple that were checked (why I don't know), signed onto her account and this appeared to work.  I am waiting for her verification.  Is it possible that it is supposed to prompt for a pin since it was "checked" but since no pin existed there was no prompt?  I am awaiting verification from my daughter at college...

Your issue is a little different than the original poster.

Please let me know the result from your daughter and we will go from there.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

The same situation that the original poster posted about is also happening to me. I have tried watching several different shows (Dexter, Shameless, Homeland) but the same message always pops up and stays there. I do not and have never had any parental controls set. I have tried watching on both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, but the result is the same. Please help!

Official Employee

maggien31 wrote:

The same situation that the original poster posted about is also happening to me. I have tried watching several different shows (Dexter, Shameless, Homeland) but the same message always pops up and stays there. I do not and have never had any parental controls set. I have tried watching on both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, but the result is the same. Please help!

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I just tried on Firefox and the issue still happens.

Official Employee

maggien31 wrote:

I just tried on Firefox and the issue still happens.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Mine had nothing to do with the parental control thing either.  It was just a guess.  Still doesn't work

Official Employee

Do you have any ad blockers or anti-virus software installed on your computer? If it is too strict, this can prevent videos from loading correctly.

Try setting up xfinitytv.com as an exception so it can pass through your firewall.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

That could be it.  My daughter was able to do it from home but not at college.  She will be in this weekend and I'll check it on our home network.  If this is the case, is there anything I can do about it?

Frequent Visitor

Actually, that would be a firewall.  Either way, I'll check it at home.  Thanks.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation