Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Pac-12 "need a subscription" message

Frequent Visitor

Pac-12 "need a subscription" message

So I can access the links to the streams, but when I click on the stream it says:

"Pac-12 Network Subscription Required

Subscribe to Pac-12 Network and get anytime, anywhere access to

Pac-12 Network online.

Buy this subscription now"

I am subscribed and I do get the Pac-12 Network on my television, so why can't I access the stream online?

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Pac-12 online streaming not working

I have access to the Pac-12 Network Mountain on my cable package but the online streaming of the network says I need to subscribe to it?  I already do subscribe to it, since it is in the package I recieve.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Pac-12 online streaming not working

So I have the digital economy package in SLC, and get the Pac-12 Mountain Network on TV, but can't access the online feed of this channel??

Official Employee

MUSSPAC12 wrote:

I have access to the Pac-12 Network Mountain on my cable package but the online streaming of the network says I need to subscribe to it?  I already do subscribe to it, since it is in the package I recieve.

Are you signing in with your Comcast.net e-mail address?

Is Pac-12 network coming in through your TV?

If the answer is yes to both of these, try deleting your cookies and cache and then please try again.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

I have the same problem. I get Pac12 Network Bay Area on my TV at home, but when i try to access it online it tells me I need to buy the subscription.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

I'm in the same situation. I can access the Pac-12 Bay Area HD feed as a part of my cable package, but when I try to access the online feed I receive the message that I need a Pac-12 Bay Area subscription. I cleared my cookies and cache, and I still receiving this error message.

When I called Comcast tech support earlier the agent informed me that I needed to subscribe to the Sports tier and get the national feed in order to get access to the stream. However this appears to contradict the information I've seen on the forums and on Pac-12.com which states I only need access to one of the feeds (regional included).

Frequent Visitor

I tried clearing everything and also used a different browser and still no luck.  I talked to people from Pac-12.com and they said that I should have access to the online feed according to their agreement with Comcast.  They said as long as you have any of the networks on TV you should have access online.

The people I have called at comcast have said I need to upgrade my package, but I don't think this is true.  And then when I called again they said it is not streaming yet, but I know of people who have gained access.

Official Employee

Hi all,

Try deleting your cookies and cache and then please try again.

Also, try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have tried with Firefox / Chrome / Internet Explorer.

Still get 

"Pac-12 Network Subscription Required

Subscribe to Pac-12 Network and get anytime, anywhere access to

Pac-12 Network online."

Frequent Visitor

I tried deleting both cookies and cache for both Firefox and Chrome (both for Mac OS X) and that does not resolve the issue.

Frequent Visitor

Tried different browsers and cleared everything.  No luck.

Official Employee

Hi all,

Can you guys sign into your respected regional channels online?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

None of the Regional channels work either.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

The Bay Area feed does not work for me

Frequent Visitor

Nope the Mountain, nor any of the others work as well.

Official Employee

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks ComcastJoe

New Poster

In the same boat.  Tried all the suggested steps to correct, but still being prompted to subscribe to Pac 12 Mountain despite having it in my TV package.

New Poster

Re: Pac-12 "need a subscription" message

I live outside the Pac-12 area and was told by a Comcast rep that purchasing the Sports Entertainment Package would allow me to access the online network.  I had the package added today and I'm getting the same "Pac-12 Network Subscription Required" message as the others on this thread.

New Poster

Same problem, tried all steps, still says buy subscription. I have P12 mt on tv.

Frequent Visitor

Tried everything, none of the steps worked. Still asking for a subscription. I ONLY have the digital starter package + the $8.99 sports package (NFL redzone, etc), I do NOT have internet through comcast. I spent a significant amount of time chatting with a comcast rep last night and was told that I needed to have internet service through comcast to have access to the online streams. I told the rep that is not true, pointed the rep in the direction of this thread, quoted "ComcastTeds" where he said that you only needed the television service, then quoted Comcast's own television products web page that says you only need the television service. After arguing about this for a solid half hour the rep "reset my cable box so it could sync with online service" and then said to wait 45 before trying it. So I waited about an hour, tried logging in with my comcast email ID (which I'm using right now, I had comcast internet up until about a month ago), but it still didn't work.

I get the Pac-12 Oregon channel in HD, as well as the Pac-12 Oregon channel is SD and the Pac-12 National Network channel in SD on my television just fine. Still can't get access to the online streams.

New Poster

I have been having the same problem and have contacted Comcast 3 times attempting to resolve the issue.  I specifically get the sports package so I can have all the Big 10 and PAC-12 network offerings. The first time I contacted Comcast was around 11pm pacific time on August 5th and did all the standard checks of different browsers and clearing internet cache. Comcast sent some "signals" which again had no impact on the problem. I am most concerned that one representative expressed such confidence that what they did would work. They called it "the usual work around that we are doing and all has been resolved so far." They continued to mislead me saying "I can see here that a pass was given to your account so it will work after 20-30 minutes." That was false and I got the same error hours later. When I contacted Comcast again the next day around noon pacific time they told me it could take 24 to 72 hours to resolve the issue. They offered no other help or explanation than to say be patient and wait. When I pressed for an explanation they said I would have to call and even then I did not get an explanation. The explanation I got was it was on Comcast's side where my profiles did not match up. That does not seem like a "rate code" issue but I could be wrong. Again all they said I could do was wait. I really hope that Comcast can fix an internal software glitch in time for the games this weekend. At this point I am not convinced. I am glad people have reported this to the PAC-12. 

I welcome Comcast to contact me directly if I can help in anyway identify the problem. I wish they did not have a monopoly on the PAC-12 Network in my area. The rumor today is Dish Network is closer to a deal than DirectTV for those looking to switch.

Frequent Visitor

Ok, I finally solved my problem. I guess I left out one key piece of information, I just moved to a new apartment about a month ago and dropped my internet service because the new place already had internet set up. So because I did this Comcast changed my account number and discontinued (I guess) my old account, even though I can still use my old account and it's associated email (which is what I am using right now with this particular ID). So I dug up my new account number, created a new Comcast ID/email with that number which is ever so slightly different. Signed in with that account number/ID and it worked, I can access the online streaming Pac-12 stations just fine.

What a pain in the behind.

Maybe people who are having problems accessing the streams should try and create new account ID's or confirm you are using the correct account number/ID.

Frequent Visitor

I'm in a similar situation where a move changed my account number, but the most current account number is associated with my Comcast ID which is what I'm attempting to use to access the stream (which is stil unsuccessful).

Regular Visitor

I have the same issue.  Tried both chrome and safari and cleared cookies same problem.

Not sure about the others, but I just recently moved into a condo which buys our basic package through comcast business (everyone in the condo gets basic).  I've purchased the upgraded services on my own as an add-on.  I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it.

-kap

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I can access Pac-12 Oregon on TV (420 and 720) but when I try and access Pac-12 network online via xfinitytv.comI get the "Need a Subscription" message. I called Comcast and after first saying that the Pac-12 Network was not available online (this was Sept 5th) they tried to fix the issue. The comcast tech rep gave me a temporary sports package subscription but that did not work (and he admitted was not really necessary since I get the channels on TV).  The comcast tech rep tried to login himself and was not able to do!!  After waiting on hold for 20 minutes as they tried to fix the problem they said it was not just my account but a general problem and there was no reason for me to stay on hold while they tried to fix it.  I don't think it is an issue with my account because I can access ESPN and the other live channels...it is just the Pac-12 Network where I have an issue. It appears that Comcast has not properly implemented the online streaming as even their tech rep could not log in.

ComcastJoe or ComcastTed...how about an update??  "clear your cache and delete cookies or try a different browser" does not work and is about as useful advice as "reboot your system" and only indicates a bad implementation model.

Official Employee

Hi all,

cptboxcar: Your Comcast.net e-mail address is not registering in our system. Can you please private message me your account number?

ditudude & kaplanfx: I have alerted our team and we are currently looking into your issue.

pfelll: There is already a ticket open for you. Our team is still looking into it.

whymeagainThere is already a ticket open for you and our team tried calling you yesterday (9/6). Please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I'm in the same boat. Tried all the above steps, but still not working. I live in a Condo with a commercial base account, but I have an extended package.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue as everyone else in this thread.  I called Comcast yesterday and was transferred to 5 different people.  Finally I spoke with a lady who spent over 45 minutes with me trying to figure out how to get the PAC-12 channel to stream on my computer.  She tried logging in as me and couldn't get it to work either.  I have tried streaming the PAC-12 network on both my work and home computer and neither one works.  I can stream other live networks including ESPN.  My brother has the same comcast cable package that I have and he sits in the office next to me.  He is able to stream the PAC-12 network just fine on his computer so obviously it does work.  I have tried all of the fixes mentioned above including deleting my cookies and cashe and trying different web browsers--none of these "fixes" worked for me.  I have someone from Comcast coming out to my house today.  Hopefully they can figure it out.

New Poster

I am having the same issues.  Tried all fixes.  Contacted support and they said " just wait, we are working on it"  It has been three days and no fix.  I can stream all other channels, just not the pac-12 network.

Regular Visitor

Follow-up to my last post.  Comcast sent a tech out to my house today to try to figure out why I couldn't stream the PAC-12 network from our PCs.  After almost an hour trouble shooting he told my wife that it was an internal IT problem with Comcast and that there was nothing he could do.  He said that he would report the problem to his boss.  Hopefully Comcast gets this figured out quick. 

New Poster

Just to update people my connection just started working.  I have checked it using different browsers and different wireless networks one of which was a 4G LTE network.  All have now been able to stream the PAC-12 Network.  This happened in the last hour.  I did not get an update from Comcast so I don't know if it was a general or specific fix.  I know at least 3 other Comcast customers who had the same problem and did not report it.  Fingers crossed it keeps working for the games tomorrow.

New Poster

The same issue is happening for me.  I am located in SLC, UT, I can watch Pac12 Mountain all day long on the TV but not on the computer.  I spent over an hour talking to multiple people @ comcast and it still isn't working.  I've done all the cache/cookie clearing, used multiple browsers, etc.  Other channels work just fine on the xfinity website.  This is unbelievably frustrating.  

Comcast is lucky they are currently the only crew in town for the Pac12 network.  Once Dish/DirectTV get on board I'm leaving.  It's stupid that the Pac 12 has it's own website for streaming, that works just fine but Comcast prevents me from using it (even when their own website isn't working), they also have no plans to allow streaming on mobiles and tablets which is ridiculous.

New Poster

Yeah it's frustrating. Plus, once this gets solved, we only get a live stream and none of the past content on the Pac 12 website. Really wish we could use the Pac 12 website, it's very nice. Well, at least I can watch it on tv, unlike most of the country.

New Poster

Joe, I'm in the same boat. Tried the steps given and still not working. I'm under the gun, as all the others, as the game is tomorrow. Please help, Kawika

New Poster

I am subscribed to Pac-12 Bay Area but unable to view the stream online ("need a subscription").

I have already attempted the delete cookies, new browser, new computer solutions.

A ticket was opened but the finding was that I need the entire SEP package to watch the Pac-12 Bay Area stream, which I believe is incorrect.  How can this be escalated?

New Poster

Same deal. Will not work. I get pac12 network on my TV but its telling me I need to subscribe... This is insane... 

Game starts in just a few hours...

New Poster

Having the exact same issues here- in Seattle, get the National Pac12 and Pac12 washington on the DVR, but getting the "Need subscription" message online.  Just talked to support rep on phone- he tried all the tricks above, clearing cache/cookies and logging on as me.  Told me it's been escelated and will be handeld in 48 hours- but Stanford Duke game is in less than 12!

Frequent Visitor

When I call on the phone they say I need the digital starter package but the people Pac-12.com says that I only need to have access to the channel on TV which I do.  Which is correct?

New Poster

I'm having the same problem.  Cleared cache and cookies.  Tried Chrome, Firefox, Explorer and no success.  Also I haven't moved in 13 years and have the same account so I know mine isn't a wrong account issue.

I'm in the Seattle area.

Official Employee

Hi all,

Are you still having issues accessing Pac-12 stream on your compuer?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I still have the issue.

New Poster

Yes , still same problem. Still says buy subscription. Hopefully we can get this solved by this Saturday.

Frequent Visitor

I'm still having this issue. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Yes, same issue.

New Poster

Still having the same problem. can watch pac12 bay area no problem on tv, but says need subscription to stream. have tried clearing cookies, cache, different broswers. chatted with comcast 4 different times, no one seems to know what's wrong but all 4 agents confirmed I should be able to stream all 7 networks online.

Frequent Visitor

Is there any update regarding the progress of the investigation?

Regular Visitor

I still cannot stream the PAC-12 channel either--but I can stream other channels.  Any idea on when this will be fixed Joe Comcast?

New Poster

Yay! It's finally working for me today. Thank you for all of your help and hard work.

New Poster

YEAH, working for me as well!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats