Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Pac-12 Streaming Error 525|6007

ANSWERED
New Poster

Pac-12 Streaming Error 525|6007

I've been trying to stream the Pac-12 Network (and several of the other Pac-12 channels) from xfinitytv without success. Every time I try, to load any of the sites, I sign in, it authorizes me, says "starting playback" and then promptly displays the following message:

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 525|6007)

Please check back soon.

First it should be noted that I am able to stream many other channels / tv shows through xfinitytv (all of the ESPN channels stream without any issue). Second, I have the Pac-12 Network in my subscription package, so access should not be an issue. I have tried the following troubleshooting steps:

1) Downloaded and installed latest supported graphics drivers for my video card;

2) Uninstalled and re-installed Microsoft Silverlight (numerous times - I used the installation link provided on several of the other help threads as well as tried getting the latest version from Microsoft's website directly - neither approach worked);

3) Removed the Microsoft Silverlight mspr.hds file;

4) Uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Flash Player;

5) Cleared out the Internet Explorer cache and temporary files;

6) Downloaded and installed Chrome to see if that made any difference (it did not).

At this point, I am becoming somewhat frustrated. I really had hoped to be able to see my football team play this evening but to no avail. Any help resolving this issue would be appreciated. My computer's specifications follow:

My Device Information

My Zip Code: 30326

My Cable Provider: Comcast Rockdale Broadband Digital

My myDVR Manager Status:

My Set Top Box Names:

My Queue setup: False

Facebook Queue Syncing: false

Facebook Connect: False

My public IP address: [redacted]

My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C)

My system type: Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version: Not Installed

My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0

My flash version: 11.4 r402

Javascript: enabled

Cookies: enabled 

Time Information

My Clock Time: Sun Sep 9 00:11:05 EDT 2012

Server Clock Time: Sun Sep 9 00:11:13 EDT 2012

My Account Information
Primary Account: True
Provider Codes: bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, cg, bv, b, cm, bw, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bm, bl, bk, bo, cc, bn
Internet Subscriber: True
Cable TV Subscriber: True
Voice Subscriber: False
Accepted Solution

Re: Pac-12 Streaming Error 525|6007

Joe,

Thought you'd be interested to know... I turned on my computer today after installing Microsoft Silverlight 4 from the link provided and got a message from Windows Update telling me that there was an update. Upon checking the message, it wanted me to install the following update to Silverlight 4:

Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB2690729)

This security update to Silverlight includes fixes outlined in KBs 2681578 and 2690729.  This update is backward compatible with web applications built using previous versions of Silverlight.

More information: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=246488

Help and Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=105787

After installing the update through Microsoft Update, I checked the Pac-12 Network and it worked! I didn't receive an update prompt, and with Microsoft Silverlight 4 I'm able to view the Pac-12 channel. Just thought you'd want to know in case others are having this same problem... so apparently install Silverlight 4, and then install the above-noted update. Thanks for the suggestions along the way!

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

CardinalFan2004 wrote:

I've been trying to stream the Pac-12 Network (and several of the other Pac-12 channels) from xfinitytv without success. Every time I try, to load any of the sites, I sign in, it authorizes me, says "starting playback" and then promptly displays the following message:

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 525|6007)

Please check back soon.

I know you have tried this already but please try this:

Uninstall the Silverlight plug-in and try playing a video again. You will now be prompted to download Silverlight (it's a different version than the one you have). Please follow all the on-screen instructions, restart your browser, and then attempt to play the video again.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Joe,

Thank you for the reply. I had tried that, but just for kicks and giggles, followed your suggestion. I completely removed Silverlight (including removing the ReadyPlay directory) and then went to the Pac-12 streaming video. I was prompted to download and install Silverlight. I ran the file (Silverlight_x64 according to the prompt) and, after installing and trying to load the Pac-12 network, got the same exact error message.

As a side note, according to xfinitytv/computer, the installed version of Silverlight is now: "My Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0"  This appears identical to the version I had prior to initiating your suggestion so... I'm not sure what was expected, but if a different version of Silverlight was expected to be installed via the Comcast prompt, I didn't see that happen.

Official Employee

CardinalFan2004 wrote:

Joe,

Thank you for the reply. I had tried that, but just for kicks and giggles, followed your suggestion. I completely removed Silverlight (including removing the ReadyPlay directory) and then went to the Pac-12 streaming video. I was prompted to download and install Silverlight. I ran the file (Silverlight_x64 according to the prompt) and, after installing and trying to load the Pac-12 network, got the same exact error message.

As a side note, according to xfinitytv/computer, the installed version of Silverlight is now: "My Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0"  This appears identical to the version I had prior to initiating your suggestion so... I'm not sure what was expected, but if a different version of Silverlight was expected to be installed via the Comcast prompt, I didn't see that happen.

Try downloading Silverlight 4 from here:

Silverlight 4

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Joe,

Sorry for the delay. In response to your latest suggestion, I downloaded and installed Silverlight from the link that you provided. After removing the old version (5.x), and installing the new (My Silverlight version:4.0.50401.0 according to xfinitytv.com/computer and the control panel), I tried to watch the Pac 12 channel. Upon loading the channel, I got the following message from Comcast:

You're almost ready to watch Pac-12 Network

Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video.

I get that same upgrade prompt no matter what channel I try (CNN, Pac12, etc.). So, unfortunately, that suggestion didn't work.

New Poster

Joe,

Thought you'd be interested to know... I turned on my computer today after installing Microsoft Silverlight 4 from the link provided and got a message from Windows Update telling me that there was an update. Upon checking the message, it wanted me to install the following update to Silverlight 4:

This security update to Silverlight includes fixes outlined in KBs 2681578 and 2690729.  This update is backward compatible with web applications built using previous versions of Silverlight.

After installing the update through Microsoft Update, I checked the Pac-12 Network and it worked! I didn't receive an update prompt, and with Microsoft Silverlight 4 I'm able to view the Pac-12 channel. Just thought you'd want to know in case others are having this same problem... so apparently install Silverlight 4, and then install the above-noted update. Thanks for the suggestions along the way!

Official Employee

CardinalFan2004 wrote:

Joe,

Thank you for alerting us about this Windows Update. We will further look into this and use it in Error 525/6007 troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation