Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

PS3 HBO Go Blocked

Regular Visitor

PS3 HBO Go Blocked

Tried to activate HBOGO on my PS3 via the hbogo.com/activate website, and Comcast/Xfinity are not listed as providers. Contacted Comcast and they knew nothing about it. I then contacted HBO and they said that Comcast has blacked out HBOGO for that device.

Regular Visitor

Re: PS3 HBO Go Blocked

I'm guessing that's because Comcast has HBO's full catalog of shows in its on demand library or at least that is the case for me.  

Regular Visitor

HBOGO for the XBox 360 is not blocked by Comcast. Plus they do not have full seasons of all the shows and ann the content provided by HBOGO.

New Poster

They don't seem to really care about their customer base at all. Every other conceivable cable company in the US seems to support it, yet the largest one doesn't. How hard can it be anyway???

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Comcast for screwing your customers again.

New Poster

How is this acceptable when I pay for HBO every month? I would like to take full advantage on my ps3 just to be blocked by comcast! And for what? Comcast please fix this!!!!
New Poster

Same situation here, hope they support PS3 soon.

New Poster

Same boat. Internet Plus package in Chicago. And this is after they prevented me from watching the same free web stream that everyone else had access to for the US-Russia olympic hockey game.

Frequent Visitor

Don't understand why they allow some devices and not others.

Chromecast works fine.

Xbox 360 apparently does too...

Why not roku or the PS3?

I will definitely be looking for alternative service providers.

Frequent Visitor

Trigger7 wrote:

I'm guessing that's because Comcast has HBO's full catalog of shows in its on demand library or at least that is the case for me.  

no. they don't.  they have a very limited On Demand HBO library...

New Poster

what the f>>>

i waited all this months for hbogo for my ps4 and my ps3. it finally arrives for the ps3. I had all this happy feelings all day and waiting on the app and what do you know.............Comcast you screwed me Again.

I shoulda stayed with Fios. I regret ever going to comcast. Gonna go back to Fios

Frequent Visitor

I too was disappointed to find that access via my PS3 was blocked. However, I wonder if this is because the PS3 HBOGO app was only released today.

Cable Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (language filter circumvention). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

New Poster

Comcast once again proves why it is consistently rated as among the worst companies in America: by ACTIVELY WITHHOLDING services for which its customers have already paid. Bravo Comcast, bravo.

Regular Visitor

I downloaded it and have no access as well. So wierd. I have access on my iphone, ipad and the pc but not the PS3....However I did notice the HBO on demand library has substantially grown. Maybe this is comcast's way of reducing bandwith. Since on demand doesnt use bandwith. Either way I still hate comcast with a passion but have not alternatives. Century link is the only one...Hate them even worse.

New Poster

Bah!  What a load of.  You'd think with what we are charged, that we could get the services that we would like.  However, given that there is a virtual monopoly, that will never come true.  We're more likely to regress and have more restrictions than go the other way.  Sad.  Comcast, do the right thing by your customers, while you still have customers.

New Poster

It works just fine on my smartphone.

It works just fine on my tablet.

It works just fine on my Chromecast.

It works just fine on my computer.

I can log in whenever and wherever I want and watch HBO.

Except on my Playstation 3.

Fix it, Comcast.  C'mon.  We all know you have the ability to just flp a switch and make it happen, so just make it happen.  I'd love to hear your lame excuse for this one.

New Poster

This is why im considering switching to att u-verse - $40 for internet and HBO Go - its not quite as fast as comcast(18vs26) but i never get top speeds anyway and I hate the idea of being restricted from something i am paying for:

I bought a PS3,

I bought a roku,

I pay for internet service,

I pay for HBO+HBOGO

and comcast has decided that i cant watch it the way i want on my tv?

This is ridiculous!

Regular Visitor

It is so amazing that this time last year customer were complaining about the same thing on Xbox 360, just wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

Why would you block this service for paying customers?  I pay for HBO, cable, internet, phone through comcast, and have a ps3.  I am as good of a customer as you will get.  Why make these sorts of decisions that do nothing but make enemies?  So wrong, Comcast.  This is why everyone on the planet will leave your service the absolute first second they get another option.  You may act now like this thinking no one has a choice, but it will not be long before they do, and at that point you are sunk.  Enjoy it while you can I guess.

New Poster

Yes, I experienced the same issue. I called Comcast and spoke to a representative. At first she said they do support the HBO Go app for PS3 and gave me instructions for activating a device. I followed the instructions while she was on the line and told her there wasn't Xfinity or Comcast listed as a provider. She then put me on hold and came back and told me Comcast was working on it and should have PS3 support "very soon". I mentioned that the thread already has numerous complaints. I was assured they are actively working on it. We'll see, but I have significant doubts. It is very disappointing so I'll add my voice to the list of complaints. Is this really "The future of Awesome"? Considering FIOS the main competitor already offers support for this device, you would think they would too. Next time I get the FIOS offer, this may be another reason to consider switching.
New Poster

I've called, I've spoken via chat (all with Comcast HBO and Sony) and same thing- Comcast is the one blocking HBO GO service on select devices, not HBO or Sony. When I am able to cancel my subscription with them, I will. It's shocking to me that Comcast, the biggest cable provider in America, would isolate a younger crowd like this. Netflix of course had to pay Comcast $ for "rebroadcasting" their data or whatever, it's the same argument I'm sure. The fact of the matter is Comcast thinks they can do whatever they want. Consumers will wise up and go with other providers, as the days where only one cable/internet provider is available for one area will soon be a thing of the past. In the meantime I bet this is exactly what they want- "suckers" who won't question them and just fall in line, while trying to milk every penny they can out of companies like Sony and consumers like you and me.
New Poster

This is really frustrating.  Comcast: please get it together and allow PS3 users access to HBO GO.

New Poster

I recently signed up for hbo/hbogo after the watchathon with the expectation that I would be able to use hbogo on my iPad and PS3. I find it misleading and frustrating that access is blocked on the PS3. I can stream all of the same content from my PC and connect to the TV with an HDMI cable so this saves no bandwidth for the ISP (which in theory shouldn't be a consideration for the company). I find this incredibly disrespectful to the customer and if I don't see any change I will be canceling HBO and asking for this months fee to be waived on principle.
New Poster

There is only one way to fight Comcast and that is to find another provider. They don't care about the customer just its bottom line. I'm looking now and will leave ASAP when I find an adequate service. 

Regular Visitor

I have the X1 box and received an email from comcast. The entire HBOGO library is now on demand. ( everything) guess it's smart on their end because no bandwidth is being used. Hopefully that means all boxes not just the X1
New Poster

Why do we put up with this? The kind of money that we consumers shell out for cable and internet service, and comcast doesn't have the decency to allow us to use it to it's full potential; presumably, because they just don't feel like it. Nice customer service comcast, a real contribution to mankind. 160 bucks a month, hardly anything worth even taking the time to consider watching on your cable service, can't have 2 devices on the internet at once, and you don't follow through with supporting simple applications such as HBO GO for PS3 to keep your customers happy. I've never felt so ripped off in my life. Time to switch providers ASAP!

New Poster

Its because comcast has a deal with Microsoft. Why else would it be available on xbox but not on ps3. Corporations stick together welcome to the land of the free and the home of big corporations. Lol it would be nice to watch it on my ps3 much more movies on hbogo. But I doubt that will ever happen :[

New Poster

Blocked also for Apple TV.  When I try to enter the HBOGO Code to view HBO (I am a subcriber), I get a message to go to "HBOGO/activate" and enter the code provided "when prompted".  The result is first a choice of devices including "Apple/TV" then an opportunity to choose the internet provider (Comcast).  When I do so I get a page saying I am already a an HBO subscriber but no prompt to ener the code.  Repeated attempts to ask why have been deflected by Comcast telephone clerks who seem mostly to have no idea what I'm talking about.

New Poster

I need a new code ps3
Frequent Visitor

Complaining on here won't help. Call them up and complain to anyone who will listen for as long as they will listen--then ask to speak to someone else and repeat.

New Poster

Just tried it. Thats a HBOnoGo for me. FIX THIS. 👎👎
New Poster

Been there. Done that. Got the teeshirt

New Poster

It's not just PS3. Comcast Xfinity doesn't provide HBO GO to Roku users as well. It's kind of sad that these companies (Sony and Roku) don't make a bigger effort to gain support for their devices (especially since both said companies advertise that their devices can run these apps), but it's even stranger that Comcast won't allow it in the first place. I pay for my TV service and pay additional fees for HBO. If I owned an Apple product I could use it. Microsoft's XBox360 also has service from Comcast for HBO GO.

I have one major beef with this: Comcast's Guide and On Demand interface is trash, and I avoid using like the plague. I'd rather use my PS3 to browse Hulu or Netflix than browsing this clunky Xfinity menu that brings to mind MS-DOS - maybe I'm dating myself a bit there. Have you ever seen how nice the HBO GO interface is? I like using it on my computer, but why can't I use it on the PS3? AT&T's On Demand menu and guide is beautiful. Why can't Comcast put together a nicer interface for their customers? What gives? If Comcast could put out a nicer product that was easier to use - we all might be tempted to use it more.

As a paying customer, I'd like to be heard. I want to be provided an explained as to why access to my services are limited to the device that I am forced to pay rental fees for so I can receive service in the first place. Maybe I answered my own question there. Xfinity could have a deal with whatever company manufactures their cable boxes. That company might have an interest in restricting what servies are restricted. I don't know. Speculation on my part, but I haven't seen any explanation from Comcast spokespeople on this one. I'd like to hear what THEY have to say.

Frequent Visitor

jamesvehslage wrote:

As a paying customer, I'd like to be heard. 

Don't forget to let the FCC know how you feel.

New Poster

It's been 5 months. Why hasn't this issue been addressed? I don't want to use the OnDemand on my box. I only have one box, but I have three ps3s. Get it together!

New Poster

I want to activate
New Poster

Comcast, why can I not watch HBOGo on my PS3?!

You are blocking data I have paid for, based on the hardware it will be displayed upon. None of your literature states that your internet service has content filters based on the hard I currently own or might purchase in the future. How can I (or anyone else) be expected to make purchase decision when we are very clearly being mislead/lied to by the materials produced by Comcast to sell it services?

I want to know WHY YOU have decided that some of us can’t see what we’ve paid for.

To this reading this, I suggest you contact the FCC and ask them the same question and what they plan to do about it.

New Poster

Where is my HBO GO support on the PS3?

I just came back to Comcast because I needed faster internet. Why doesn't HBO GO work for my PS3?

New Poster

Yes. Comcast sucks almost as much as they used to before. I came back after 7 years thinking they may have gotten better. 

And now Comcast wants to gobble up Times Warner Cable - feel sorry for their customers too. 

Leaving Comcast to go back to Verizon soon as my term is over - not worth it unless Comcast changes it's ways and start giving a dammm about it's customers ... 

New Poster

Every month I pay for a subscription that comces with HBO:GO I have a system that can use and access HBO:GO. I just can't use it. You know why? Comcast says "no". They don't care that every single one if there customers hates them. They know we can't leave. This is the reason you are the most hated company in the US. 

Screw you Comcast.

New Poster

This is cool
New Poster

Just once I wish comcast would let it's greed for $$stop all the greed and open up hbo to go for samsung users at home  or awa

New Poster

So HBO GO has now been activated on Roku: http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/12/comcast-to-stop-blocking-hbo-go-and-showtime-on-roku-streami...

I've talked to 3 different Comcast CSRs and when I asked for a specific department or person to contact on my initial live chat, the CSR actually had the nerve to give contact info for HBO GO after blaming them. I ended up calling them anyway, and of course they sent me straight back to Comcast after explaining that HBO has given Comcast everything they need to activate the app. I finally got through to some sort of App Customer Service department, at which point I was told for the 3rd time that it's either HBO's or Sony's problem. I then told her that that is a lie and that HBO and Sony have given Comcast all the tools they need to activate/enable the service like they have already done with every other cable service provider. The only thing that supervisor could do was submit a complaint via Comcast's website feedback, so basically nothing. She said that it is not possible to contact the people in charge of this issue because they have stopped taking calls. She also mentioned that this was the first time she's had someone call to complain about this issue and tried to hypothsize that if "900,000 customers complain then maybe it's something they'll address" to which I replied that no one should have to call Comcast to demand a service that should be provided without questions, much less start a petition.

Comcast itself is the only roadblock to this issue. What is the timeline for this neogtiation? Why is there a negotiation at all? Comcast should not be allowed to be the gatekeeper of an app on a separate device that I own. They need to activate the HBO GO app on PS3 immediately.

If they were able to settle this "negotiation" with Roku and turn the App on IMMEDIATELY then what is holding them back from doing the same with PlayStation 3?

New Poster

Wouldn't it be a shame if someone were to hack into Comcast like they did with Sony? Just a real shame.
New Poster

Total utter B.S. I wish there was an alternative in Savannah.
Screw you comcast you greedy sons of...
Frequent Visitor

Comcast - ARE YOU LISTENING?

This is the crux of why cable TV is so widely despised by consumers. My monthly Comcast bill is approximately $220.00 a month, including the monthly fee that I pay for HBO. Why is it that although I pay for HBO - Comcast blocks my access to HBO using one of its options: HBO GO on Playstation 3? Your business practice is truly wrong and an injustice to consumers. This is a prime example of how huge conglomerates decimate their customers who almost always come out losers. Another good reason to "cut the cord". Our options are growing - soon Apple will offer a package that will allow us to choose what we want to pay for. September isn't too far off - personally, I can't wait to say goodby to Comcast as my cable television provider.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats