Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

POOR PERFORMANCE

New Poster

POOR PERFORMANCE

How can we get XFINITY to get with the times and provide a much much better customer experience using On Demand TV?  If I watch a program (and you have to watch ALL THE ADS!) and go away for a few moments and come back, I have to "ATTEMPT TO RESUME and WATCH FROM THE BEGINNING".  This service is so poor!  I've written to TOM FEEDBACK a zillion times - what a joke. It's an automated reply with absolutely zero recognition that customers are frustrated. SPEEDS ARE CONTINUING TO DEGREDATE TO THE SLOWEST SPEEDS POSSIBLE.  This business needs intervention and protest.  We cannot let TELCO's dominate like this and get away with it.

Regular Contributor

Re: POOR PERFORMANCE

Comcast does not work anymore.  Streaming TV is unwatchable and internet speeds are terrible. It wont even let me make this post this is the 3rd try.

Official Employee

I'm sorry you are both having slow internet issues which would also cause streaming to buffer.  Can you please run a speed test using the following page and post your results:

http://speedtest.xfinity.com

For best results, try it with a hard-wired connection (Ethernet) if possible since many mobile devices aren't capable of achieving 200Mbps. 

I also recommend you download the My Account mobile app, if you have access to a compatible mobile device. From there you can troubleshoot many common connection issues and quickly see if there is a know outage in your area.  https://XFINITY.com/apps

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

MooMMM wrote:

How can we get XFINITY to get with the times and provide a much much better customer experience using On Demand TV?  If I watch a program (and you have to watch ALL THE ADS!) and go away for a few moments and come back, I have to "ATTEMPT TO RESUME and WATCH FROM THE BEGINNING".  This service is so poor!  I've written to TOM FEEDBACK a zillion times - what a joke. It's an automated reply with absolutely zero recognition that customers are frustrated. SPEEDS ARE CONTINUING TO DEGREDATE TO THE SLOWEST SPEEDS POSSIBLE.  This business needs intervention and protest.  We cannot let TELCO's dominate like this and get away with it.

Please see my other post regarding your internet speed issues.  For the On Demand problem, the app/website are supposed to store your resume point if you leave a video and later want to resume (perhaps this fails if there is an error during viewing and you don't actively stop watching a video by existing it).  You should see this Resume option in the For You page, for example, where you would get a "Resume" or "Start over" option.  

In settings (looks like a gear icon) there is a feature called "Best option to watch" by turning that off, you can also select the "TV Go" version (usually near the bottom of the list) which more often allows for fast forwarding (only playing the commercials immediately preceding your resume point).  Note that "TV Go" content is delivered over the Internet (as opposed to our managed network) so may count against any data usage plans.  You can check your current data usage here: https://dataplan.xfinity.com

Some programmers restrict fast forwarding their content which you will see on your set-top TV boxes as well.  This is most typical during the first few days after a program originally airs (called the "C3 Window" in the industry - meaning original airing plus 3 days).

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation