Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

PBS "The Collection" S1 Ep6 Missing On Demand

Contributor

PBS "The Collection" S1 Ep6 Missing On Demand

The PBS show "The Collection," specifically listed on On Demand as S1 Ep6 "The Weekend," orginally aired this past weekend (on my local PBS station KQED on 11/5).  Prior episodes have been available to watch On Demand the day after airing.  S1 Ep6 is not available to watch On Demand, instead stating that a repeat airing will be on 11/19.  Comcast and/or PBS please fix this so that it is available to watch On Demand.  Thank you.

Problem Solver

Re: PBS "The Collection" S1 Ep6 Missing On Demand

I suspect it is likely that you have what you’re looking for. I have episodes 4 & 5 available, which in the original Amazon Video airing would have been 5 & 6.

PBS does this with BBC and ITV dramas, too, when the premiere is two hours, calling that episode 1 when it was episodes 1 & 2 back on England’s Shores.

Of course if they ‘adn’t axed season 3 of Indian Summers, PBS wouldn’t have gone to Amazon for their Sunday Fall 2017 lineup.
Contributor

Thank you for the reply.  However, S1 Ep6 "The Weekend" already aired on 11/5.  In fact, the entire episode is available to watch on pbs.org.  PBS would not make the episode available to watch on line until after it airs on TV.  Further, the On Demand listing states that it is a repeat, not an original airing that is upcoming.  Comcast and/or PBS simply needs to fix this so that S1 Ep6 is available to watch On Demand now.  Again -- thank you for your thoughts about this.

Problem Solver

The episode listed by PBS as S1E5 is, in fact, that with the title “The Weekend”.
Contributor

Yes, it already aired on 11/5.  It is listed as S1 Ep6 on On Demand.  Ep6 should be available to watch On Demand right now, but still is not despite this comment.  It is unclear as to why Comcast and/or PBS has not fixed this problem.  It still simply refers to a future repeat air date of 11/19.

Problem Solver

I don’t have X1. Maybe it says different. But on my TV, Comcast On Demand says that the latest is Episode 5. It aired 6 and 1/2 days ago, roughly. I watched it and it was “The Weekend” episode.

Episode 6 airs tonight, Nov 12th. Don’t be confused that PBS numbers are one less than the original Amazon Video episode numbers, but now I am repeating my first reply.
Contributor

S1 Ep6 "The Weekend" is still not available to watch On Demand even though it originally aired on 11/5.  S1 Ep7 "The Betrayal" originally aired last night on my local PBS station.  Ep7 is now available to watch On Demand.  But Ep6 is not, and never has been.  This is clearly a mistake by Comcast and/or PBS.   And, despite this thread, they do not seem to be interested in fixing this problem.  Seems my only alternative to watch Ep 6 is to view it online at pbs.org, which defeats the purpose of having the On Demand feature.  Oh well.

Problem Solver

If you want help from Comcast reps, you’ll need to be more specific on which On Demand service you use. X1? Smartphone Comcast app? Standard TV menu?

You continue to confuse the nature of your complaint by using episode numbering conventions that PBS doesn’t use. E.g,, episode 6 “The Betrayal” posted overnight on the TV menu. Not labeled as episode 7.

Good luck finding the episode you want, but It is there via the TV (SD and HD) menus. I’m done here.
Problem Solver

OK, not done. I’ve been having tons of problems using the Xfinity Streaming iPhone app lately. Don’t use it much over use of standard cable box, but finally I can bring up The Collection there. It is missing that episode. Moreover, it uses Amazon’s original episode numbering, different than the convention used in the standard cable TV menu. BAD BAD PBS!!!
In any event, your original post needed to specify your platform, you’d be fine using a standard cable box which some probably consider Old School.
Admin1

Hi CA2016 & ForrestS -- Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I was able to confirm that this asset is not showing available an any platform. I have sent an alert to our On Demand team to have it addressed. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

CA2016 & ForrestS -- I heard back from our On Demand team. Episode 6 had a 14 day license period on it. It's no longer available since that 14 day period has passed. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation