Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Out of Home

Contributor

Out of Home

This problem keeps coming back. I have tried calling in but after I go through the plethora of menu levels, I get dropped. I have tried logging out of the X1 webpage, reset the modem, and restarted my router. This problem in on the X1 side, please do whatever you have done in the past to correct this so I can watch TV on the computer again for the next couple days so the problem can come back and we can do this all over again.

Contributor

Re: Out of Home

As of monday morning. The Out of Home message went away.

Contributor

And now i'm back to having the Out of Home message on my browser window.

xtv is nice wheni t works, it's just having it work is the trick.

Help comcast, do whatever you did before to get it to work again.

Contributor

.... and still out of home message ....

Contributor

still out of home ... come on comcast, get your act together.

Contributor

any day now.... still waiting.... i have tried calling in but keep getting disconnected......

i feel i have been more than patient. 

Contributor

Hurray, the out of home message is gone.

Contributor

AANNNDDDDD back to having, you guessed it...... out of home error message again.

I have changed nothing.

Contributor

Still am listed as out of home.... come on comcast, you can fix this....

Contributor

STILL listed as out of home.... Hello.... comcast ..... is anyone home??????

Contributor

I'm still listed as Out of Home....

Contributor

Hurray, the out of home message went away!!!!!

Problem Solver

Don't worry, I'm sure it will come back soon enough.  Rest assured, Comcast doesn't care about you. Wait, I take that back partially. They care about your money.

I doubt anyone from Comcast even read all your posts, since you never once received a reply from a Comcast employee.  These are user to user forums for the most part.  Comcast will sometimes pick and choose which posts they decide to respond to, but for the most part it's not that many.

The only reason your "Out of Home" message went away because they fixed something on their backend system.  They will break it again though. Oh, and I feel your pain about calling in and getting disconnected (HUNG UP) when trying to solve your problem.

Regular Contributor

johnthegeek wrote:

John,

I discovered your post here while managing another discussion. While I'm glad to hear things are working for you (now), I want to look into your account and discover why this continues. The Out of Home error is based on the IP address of your devices. Would you mind sending me a private message here on what IP(s) you have been accessing the CloudTV product from?

I passed this on to our Support team to investigate your account but the IP addresses would really help.

Thanks for your patience, talk soon...

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

ComcastMattF wrote:

johnthegeek wrote:

John,

I discovered your post here while managing another discussion. While I'm glad to hear things are working for you (now), I want to look into your account and discover why this continues. The Out of Home error is based on the IP address of your devices. Would you mind sending me a private message here on what IP(s) you have been accessing the CloudTV product from?

I passed this on to our Support team to investigate your account but the IP addresses would really help.

Thanks for your patience, talk soon...

Matt

This really isn't my issue, although I've had the "Out of Home" error a few times while in my house, but how is him sending you the IP's of the devices he has been accessing the CloudTV product from going to help?

If he is on his home network he only has 1 public ip that is connected to the internet, and I am sure Comcast already knows what that would be. As for his local network device ip's, they can be different each time he connects the device to his router if he hasn't mapped the MAC address of each his devices to a static IP through his router or gateway.

Regular Contributor

Hi, thanks for the concern...

The IP may confirm for me what is being registered with our backend systems. We also have the public facing "xfinitywifi" that runs in a separate channel and if that's being used the Out of Home alert may trigger.

Thanks,
Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

I am having the same problem been on with chat renewd ip address reset modem the whole works nothing works any help please thanks

Contributor

You will never guess what just happened this morning...... 

yup.... out of home again. It worked last night.. but not this morning. 

Contributor

The mac address would not matter. Only my router would see my local mac adress. The cocast routers would only see the mac address from my router and that address does not change.

Contributor

I use my own modem. No comcast wifi here. 

Contributor

Was told a ticket was sent to a higher level should hear from somebody in 48 hours that was 72 hours ago I guess they don't know how to fix it

Contributor

Just heard from them there still working on it Smiley Happy

Contributor

and still listed as out of home... nothing has changed..... 

Contributor

Same here been almost a week since I called them about it lady called me yesterday said there were 8 techs working on it but still nothing
Regular Contributor

Guys,

Just saw that this is still not resolved for you. I know there are some customers that get in this bad loop and there is a backend account issue.

I'll try and get this escalated for you. Appreciate the patience.

Thanks,
Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

John/Vinny,

I pinged others on my team to look into the escalated tickets for you. In the past we've seen pockets of customers picking up IP addresses that are not considered "In Home". Can you confirm what device(s) you are using to access the service? 

Android has been more problematic with iOS, but sometimes it truly is the backend. I see 10+ devices registered on your accounts with the same name and could be adding to the problem. 

Please private message me with the device type and name you gave it on our site/app so we can focus on that. Also, do you get the OOH error on multiple devices or just the same one(s)?

Thanks again, hope to get this permanently resolved for you soon...

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Still not working been a week

Contributor

I guess they have no idea how to fix it keep telling me they have many techs working on it somebody will call in a couple days  never do this has been almost 2 weeks I give up

Frequent Visitor

I've been "out of home" for two (2) plus weeks.  I've done all of the recommended steps in the other thread and i'm just tired of not being able to use my equipment properly and use the features i'm paying for. 

I'm just bumping this thread to see if someone can fix it. 

Contributor

It's really crazy how they have no clue how to fix this I keep checking everyday no luck

Contributor

Another day and still not working not a word from them

Contributor

Holy cow they fixed it it's working:

Regular Contributor

Vinny,

I'm hopeful its permanent however I'm waiting to hear confirmation on the Problem ticket we had open which was a compilation of several customer's incidents.

I'm out of the office this week but have been staying close to this. Hope to have closure shortly.

Again, thanks for the patience.

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Thank you it's been working all evening on all devices thanks again
Contributor

Were alomst there. I heard back from a nigh level tech. There was some issue with a server migration that caused the error. I'm able to get most channels not, however FoxHD (190) says i need a subdscription to watch this channel.

Regular Contributor

johnthegeek wrote:

Were alomst there. I heard back from a nigh level tech. There was some issue with a server migration that caused the error. I'm able to get most channels not, however FoxHD (190) says i need a subdscription to watch this channel.

John,

Is this still an open issue for you?

Thanks,

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

Hank-Scorpio wrote:

I've been "out of home" for two (2) plus weeks.  I've done all of the recommended steps in the other thread and i'm just tired of not being able to use my equipment properly and use the features i'm paying for. 

I'm just bumping this thread to see if someone can fix it. 

Hank,

Is this issue still happening after the fix was identified? I'll have someone from Tier 2 reach out to you if so.

Thanks again, sorry I missed your post. 

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

...... AND WE ARE BACK TO OUT OF HOME!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! LOL!!!

Contributor

as of this morning, the out of home message is gone.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 38 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation