Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Only Primary User Access to Subscribed Networks?

Regular Visitor

Only Primary User Access to Subscribed Networks?

I've been unable to log in to HBOGO and other networks online and in apps (I get the "[Network] is not a part of your subscriptions." error.) for the past couple of days.

In my first chat, the analyst reset my account and that seemed to help for a little while but then everything blew up a couple hours later.

In my second chat, the analyst insisted that accounts using third-party email addresses were not permitted to access all networks and I had to set up a comcast.net email for my account login. Did that, it didn't work.

As recommended elsewhere, called the Application Department at 877-599-1845. Not sure if that was who answered, but the phone rep insisted that only the primary user on the account  (I'm an authorized secondary user.) would be able to access all the content online. I noted this made no sense as it would mean the primary user would have to share their email and password with everyone in their household - it's a security risk and defeats the purpose of having authorized users on your Comcast account.

When I asked why I've had no issues with access before, she said that it must have been a glitch in the system that let me through.

It's more than annoying that I can't get the service I pay for.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation