Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Online channels state I need to be on home wifi even though I'm already on home wifi network

New Poster

Online channels state I need to be on home wifi even though I'm already on home wifi network

I've been trying to watch Live TV using the new XFINITY TV website (on my laptop) and/or the XFINITY TV app on my iPhone.  On both, when I attempt to watch a show, it says that the show is available: "Available to watch in home only".  I have double checked that both devices are connected to my home network.

Details about my setup is below:

- Modem: ARRIS SB6121 (Personally owned, not leased)

- Router: Asus NT66U

- Cable Box: SAM SX022ANM

- TV Service: Xfinity Digital Starter with X1

- Internet Service: Xfinity Performance Service

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Problem Solver

Re: Online channels state I need to be on home wifi even though I'm already on home wifi network

emeritus07 wrote:

I've been trying to watch Live TV using the new XFINITY TV website (on my laptop) and/or the XFINITY TV app on my iPhone.  On both, when I attempt to watch a show, it says that the show is available: "Available to watch in home only".  I have double checked that both devices are connected to my home network.

Details about my setup is below:

- Modem: ARRIS SB6121 (Personally owned, not leased)

- Router: Asus NT66U

- Cable Box: SAM SX022ANM

- TV Service: Xfinity Digital Starter with X1

- Internet Service: Xfinity Performance Service

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Has it ever worked for you, or is this the first time trying? Check you account, by logging on to the My Account webpage, and check that the modem listed under your account has the correct information, i.e. serial number and MAC address. If anything is different, you will need to call Comcast and have them update the information.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation