Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Online X-finity TV Listings Now No Longer Show Previous Day's Listings

Contributor

Online X-finity TV Listings Now No Longer Show Previous Day's Listings

So, since the "upgrade" of the online X-finity TV Listings, one may no longer select the previous day, and see what the TV listings were for that day.  Comcast just seems to offer less and less for me.

Now, why would anybody want to go back and see what was on TV yesterday?

Well, I am at home, shut-in, extremely disabled, and watch no less than 84 hours of TV a week, sometimes much more.  I am very proud of the fact that the series I follow, I never miss an episode.  Yes, like most of you, I have no such life noteworthy or worth writing a book about either.

However, when the previously "un-fixed" TV guide (listings) allowed me to go back 24 - 36 hours (by going back 24 hours and then hitting the <- back arrow for the remaining 12 hours), I had functionality that I use frequently.  

I go to the hospital once or twice a month for 3 days.  I also sleep some evenings during prime time, because I get to bed late, I normally sleep during the day, but if I can't, I fall asleep during prime time, my DVR gets full, and some of the 140 shows programmed in the DVR (Comcast leased me in 2005) don't record.  (Not all 140 shows are in Season all year around, and many TV stations now have 4 viewing seasons throughout the year, so more shows to fill up the DVR queue.)  

I can look back at the shows I missed during the previous day, look for them at OnDemand at X-finity TV, buy them for download from iTunes or Amazon.com, and watch them later when I have the time.  This gives me the opportunity to keep up with so many shows I am invested in the storylines of, which is one of the few things that gives me pleasure in my "end of life" condition, and I can be proud of achieving catching every episode of so many pointless TV programs, since getting out of my desk chair and living room is usually out of the question anymore days.

Since the recent "upgrade" to the online X-finity TV Listings, where can I get a listing of what was on TV during the last 24 - 36 hours?  Especially when I sometimes haven't got the slightest clue what TV programs I missed, I just know what channels they might be on at the nearest.  

Yes, even though I am following these storylines carefully, the medication makes me forgetful, but I will remember I missed those episodes when the new ones come back around, and by then I have to leave them on the DVR until I can go back and watch the previous missing episode, taking up valuable DVR hard drive space.

The Hopper is looking better and better, but freakin' Dish keeps discontinuing channels over contract negotiations, and I live in an apartment anyway, and wiring a satellite would be something I would have to hire someone else to do, if the management even allows it.  Not to mention, no OnDemand?  Ok, Comcast doesn't totally suck, sometimes.

Tags (1)
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation