Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Online TV Listings wrong 34498

Frequent Visitor

Online TV Listings wrong 34498

My tv listings (online) are not at all accurate. I put in the correct zip code, 34498, and it is even worse. I wrote before and got a request to make a private message about problem. Did that and got an email message in return that I could not open so don't know what it said. This happened a few weeks ago and I have been trying to get an accurate online tv listing ever since. Was fine before this for over a year.

I have dumped my cache. Use Chrome, switched and tried IE and can't even find the tv listing with that browser.

The TV guide using my remote is fine, but would like to check what is on while I am on my computer, not have to go to my tv to see whats on.

Appreciate any help you can give. 

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Online TV Listings wrong 34498

HelenSpivey104 wrote:

My tv listings (online) are not at all accurate. I put in the correct zip code, 34498, and it is even worse. I wrote before and got a request to make a private message about problem. Did that and got an email message in return that I could not open so don't know what it said. This happened a few weeks ago and I have been trying to get an accurate online tv listing ever since. Was fine before this for over a year.

I have dumped my cache. Use Chrome, switched and tried IE and can't even find the tv listing with that browser.

The TV guide using my remote is fine, but would like to check what is on while I am on my computer, not have to go to my tv to see whats on.

Appreciate any help you can give. 

What is your service area and what are some channels are missing or are incorrect.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

First I sent this awhile back and you replied via email and I couldn't get it to open. Finally found my question again and you wanted to know what channels were incorrect and what my area was.

My area is 34498 and when I put that in to change location it says it can't load my grid. I am missing most stations.

I went to load in the online listing and it says "There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser." This happens when I change to my correct area code in the popup that comes up and shows some wierd location and stations I don't have listed in the way it says.

I put in my 34498 and it shows me a few stations for Comcast, still out of line and some satellite providers listings in my area. 

This is the third time I have come to the Forum to get this straightened out and the first 2 times I got emails I couldn't open via Comcast so I have unclicked the box that says email me when someone replies. I did see a reply before to my post before this one was removed that said you were aware of the problem. 

HELP! Please.

For channels, I have a PBS on 3 and what I actually have on my tv for 3 is CBS. Then it shows PBS again on 5 and I have that. Then there are channel numbers with XFIN and no program. More than half of my stations I have on my tv are in the online listing as XFIN. 

Official Employee

HelenSpivey104 wrote:

First I sent this awhile back and you replied via email and I couldn't get it to open. Finally found my question again and you wanted to know what channels were incorrect and what my area was.

My area is 34498 and when I put that in to change location it says it can't load my grid. I am missing most stations.

I went to load in the online listing and it says "There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser." This happens when I change to my correct area code in the popup that comes up and shows some wierd location and stations I don't have listed in the way it says.

I put in my 34498 and it shows me a few stations for Comcast, still out of line and some satellite providers listings in my area. 

This is the third time I have come to the Forum to get this straightened out and the first 2 times I got emails I couldn't open via Comcast so I have unclicked the box that says email me when someone replies. I did see a reply before to my post before this one was removed that said you were aware of the problem. 

HELP! Please.

For channels, I have a PBS on 3 and what I actually have on my tv for 3 is CBS. Then it shows PBS again on 5 and I have that. Then there are channel numbers with XFIN and no program. More than half of my stations I have on my tv are in the online listing as XFIN. 

Our team is working on fixing your issues now. I will update you when they are corrected.

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Still do not have a online listing that corresponds to the stations I am recieving. I spent 3 hours on the phone several days ago trying to see if Comcast people could get me the online listing, after checking many times to see if your people had straightened it out, so I get the CORRECT online listing that goes with my zip code. They tried and gave me to three more people, one by one, but no one could get me the online listing to use.

Frustrating. As you can see by the dates it has been a long, long time that I have been asking for help.

And have recieved 2 emails from you and I open them and it says "to read the reply click here." I do and the screen says there is no message there. Plez help!

Official Employee

HelenSpivey104 wrote:

Still do not have a online listing that corresponds to the stations I am recieving. I spent 3 hours on the phone several days ago trying to see if Comcast people could get me the online listing, after checking many times to see if your people had straightened it out, so I get the CORRECT online listing that goes with my zip code. They tried and gave me to three more people, one by one, but no one could get me the online listing to use.

Frustrating. As you can see by the dates it has been a long, long time that I have been asking for help.

And have recieved 2 emails from you and I open them and it says "to read the reply click here." I do and the screen says there is no message there. Plez help!

Try re-entering your zip code and instead of using the Comcast Recommended Lineup as your service area, please select Comcast Williston Digital lineup and see if it is correct.

As for the Comcast Recommended Lineup, it is showing listings for Philadelphia and not for your area. Our team is working on fixing this now.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Have reentered my zip code time again and again. Clicked on all the station lineups it gives and none work. None of the station lineups it gives, like Williston, are what shows on my TV.

Hope you can solve it soon.

I got a phone call on my cell phone from a Peter and couldn't understand last name saying he was working on it and just needed to verify something. I called back when I got the cell voice mail and left my name and number (which I fouled up the first time I was so excited someone was still working on it) and called back and slowly left voice mail with my correct home phone number. This was Saturday, Nov. 10th and have never heard back.

Still trying to get the right online listing and thank you all for trying to help. I felt it would be soooo simple, but apprently not. I feel like my zip code is an orphan. 

Thanks,

Helen Spivey

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation