members

topics

Online Streaming: Error 517

New Poster

Online Streaming: Error 517

Windows 8 .

Mozilla Firefox.

Trying to view True Blood S5 E8.

I've been directed to uninstall and install adobe flash player, then restart my computer. I've done this three times but the same error keeps popping up! I even went to the adobe website and tested the program to make sure that it was installed correctly. Help?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Online Streaming: Error 517

I got the same message while trying to take advantage of "Watchathon."  I just spent 20 minutes or more with a Comcast online technician.  After not being able to resolve the problem, she asked who my internet provider is (AT&T) and then said she would transfer me to another technician...at which point she DISCONNECTED ME!  Typical Comcast!  Typical waste of my time.  The evaluation callback happened a couple minutes later.  I gave the "assistance" I received the lowest possible rating, expecting that I would then be allowed to record a detailed message as to WHY I gave the low rating.  But no...the low rating I gave ended the call immediately.  Even before this Error 517 began appearing, the episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm I'd been watching had been been cutting off with a minute or two remaining in each episode.  So much for Comcast's Watchathon promotion. 

New Poster

Re: Online Streaming: Error 517

It has been over two weeks since I posted this, and the problem is still there. I updated my version of flash but error 517 continues to prevent me from watching videos. ?????

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation