Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Ongoing Online TV Listings Favorites problem

Regular Visitor

Ongoing Online TV Listings Favorites problem

After a late 2012 “upgrade” to the Listings, I began receiveiving several unwanted Standard Definition stations in my Favorites (my zip code is 46220). If I remove them as favorites, it also deletes the desired HD listing. Adding the HD channels back also adds the undesired ones. The affected desired HD channels are as follows:

1006 – WRTV ABC local – forces channel 005 as a Favorite.

1605 – ESPNHD – forces channels 002 and 612 (ESPND – ESPN Deportes) as favorites.

1607 – NBC Sports - forces channel 046 as a Favorite.

So, I had at a minimum, 4 unwanted channels cluttering up my display forcing me to scroll up and down needlessly. I have several other Local HD stations set as Favorites that are not affected, so I am sure this problem is not planned or desired by Comcast.

A support ticket was created and troubleshooting began, with me clearing my cache and cookies, etc. in all browsers. I gave the support contact the info needed to use my account for further diagnosis. His response:

"I have duplicated your issue when I have logged into your account on our test computers.  I have also verified that the favorites listing function does not behave this way for other markets (ie: zipcodes).  I have escalated the issue to a higher authority and will keep you apprised as to their responses.   I will still be the point of contact on this issue at this time.  At this time we do not see a national outage on this issue."

The above issues began about 1 year ago, and my initial phone support calls were handled poorly and a waste of time. The support ticket was created in December, 2012 after emails to some management people suggesting I might start tweeting about the problem.

In July 2013 It had been 7 months since I reported this problem and I still had no solution. In fact, the problem got worse including the following channels:

1673 – FSMW – Fox Sports Midwest – forces channel 044 as a Favorite.

1607 – NBCSP – NBC Sports HD - forces channel 046 as a Favorite.

I contacted support again in July and received the following reply:

"I have opened Ticket CR32xxxxxxx for this issue and is in the escalations queue.  Someone will be calling you to get permissions to change your password to a test temp so that we can duplicate your issue.  I am also investigating national outages in your area to see if this issue has become a global chronic issue.
Thanks for your patience"

I did receive a call from someone who seemed bothered that he had to make the call. There was no offer to use my account to troubleshoot. He basically said "that is the way it is supposed to work and we can't change it". Obviously, that was a line of total BS.

I do have 2 Ticket numbers plus the name and Title of the tech who did the troubleshooting (not the guy who called me).

So what should I do now?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation