Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

One out of four DVR's won't work with DVR Manager

Frequent Visitor

One out of four DVR's won't work with DVR Manager

I have 4 Cisco RNG200N DVR's. I recently had to replace one of them when the hard drive failed. Since then, the replacement DVR will not work with DVR Manager. It has synced up twice in 2 weeks, stayed up for a few hours, then stopped working again. Message "TV Control is not available for this cable box" is displayed all the time for this one box. I have called several times. No one has made an effort to resolve the problem. One sweet Indian lady argued with me that these units were not supported, even though I kept trying to tell her that the other 3 were working fine! I think something is wrong on the Comcast end with the setup. I tried to get someone to just delete the box and let it reload. No dice. They can't or won't do it. When I run their diagnostic, the DVR has this entry: "No Device Model Available".

Can anyone fix this?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: One out of four DVR's won't work with DVR Manager

while you are most likely correct it is an issue on comcasts end there are a few things you can try.

go here http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes

what does it say there for your boxes and is tv control enabled?

go to your box menu and to cable box set up then to remote access set up on the one thats not recognized.  in there you can delete the set up like you asked about and then try it again.   This sometimes will fix it.  You should probably unplug the box to reset before doing this.  

If that does not do it its likely a comcast coding issue on your account.  Comcast monitors this thread so you should get some help here.

Frequent Visitor

ANSWER TO 1ST QUESTION: This message overlays the check boxes for controls. There is no option here.

I don't know what you mean by "box menu" and "cable box setup". I see nothing with those titles anywhere. Can you be a bit more specific? 

Official Employee

reggosnell wrote:

ANSWER TO 1ST QUESTION: This message overlays the check boxes for controls. There is no option here.

I don't know what you mean by "box menu" and "cable box setup". I see nothing with those titles anywhere. Can you be a bit more specific? 

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

comcast is looking into your issue on your account.  What I meant for my next question was on your cable box, if you press menu on the remote and go to cable box set up in there you should see remote access set up. at least thats how it works for moto boxes.  In there you can delete the set up and try it again.  I would let comcast troubleshoot this going forward as its already been handed off to your local market.

Frequent Visitor

OK. I get it. I have heard about that, but these boxes do not have that option.

Frequent Visitor

Well, someone did call. Asked a few questions and said I would hear from someone later after she spoke to her supervisor about the problem. That was several days ago and I have not heard anything. The problem still exists. Good thing Comcast is not a medical provider!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation