Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Ondemand Program Censorship?

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Ondemand Program Censorship?

I noticed something curious. Four shows, all with a decidedly political point of view, have been unavailable via OnDemand, four programs which had usually been readily available. The programs are: Full Frontal on TBS from 10/11 (from almost two weeks ago) is not available. One is directed to some other hour if one wants to watch it, usually some ungodly hour. Episode 18 of The President Show on Comedy Central (from this last week) is not available. The last episode of The Daily Show (10/19) is not available. The 10/15 episode of HBO’s Last Week Tonight wasn’t available this past Monday evening, the day after the broadcast. One was directed to some other hour to see it. It was finally made available on OnDemand.

All of these examples are not OnDemand, but rather Whenever Comcast Says We Can Watch. And the most curious thing of all is that all the shows cited are very political, all espousing a decidedly anti-Trump bias. So naturally this raises the question: Is there a conscious effort to inhibit people from watching said type of shows, i.e. a Comcast imposed censorship?

Accepted Solution

Re: Ondemand Program Censorship?

HobokenJoe wrote:

I noticed something curious. Four shows, all with a decidedly political point of view, have been unavailable via OnDemand, four programs which had usually been readily available. The programs are: Full Frontal on TBS from 10/11 (from almost two weeks ago) is not available. One is directed to some other hour if one wants to watch it, usually some ungodly hour. Episode 18 of The President Show on Comedy Central (from this last week) is not available. The last episode of The Daily Show (10/19) is not available. The 10/15 episode of HBO’s Last Week Tonight wasn’t available this past Monday evening, the day after the broadcast. One was directed to some other hour to see it. It was finally made available on OnDemand.

All of these examples are not OnDemand, but rather Whenever Comcast Says We Can Watch. And the most curious thing of all is that all the shows cited are very political, all espousing a decidedly anti-Trump bias. So naturally this raises the question: Is there a conscious effort to inhibit people from watching said type of shows, i.e. a Comcast imposed censorship?

If the shows aren't available it's not Comcast's fault.  Comcast can only deliver what is provided by the content provider.  Comcast does not censor the programs from the content provider.

View answer in context
Service Expert

HobokenJoe wrote:

If the shows aren't available it's not Comcast's fault.  Comcast can only deliver what is provided by the content provider.  Comcast does not censor the programs from the content provider.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Thank you Again for pointing this out. HobokenJoe, if you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist. Have a great day.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation