Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On-line DVR storage increased??

Contributor

On-line DVR storage increased??

Couple days ago my saved recordings showed 90% with 120 recordings. Now it shows 25% with 150 recordings. Did Comcast increase the amount of on-line storage?

Thanks

Contributor

Re: On-line DVR storage increased??

More info:

Looking at the DVR on the TV, it also shows 25% used but only 85 recordings, where on-line shows 150.

Contributor

I see this also but Xfinity increasing the Cloud storage from 60 hours to whatever they "upped" the storage to currently would be too good to be true. I'm sure the Xfinity Team is probably experimenting with the algorithm. Since my Cloud stoarge percentage is aligning with my X1 DVR box currently (doesn't seem right).

I remember this same thing happened a few months back but lasted a few days. As my Cloud storage began to add new TV show recordings the precentage wasn't moving as quickly as it used to. The X1 DVR box storage matched the Cloud storage percentage. Then all of a sudden the next day my Cloud storage precentage was 100% and all my older recordings were deleted but the latest remained.

How I can tell it's not accurate is because my Cloud storage via the Xfinity Stream app says 92% full with 383 recordings. But on my main X1 DVR box it says 91% full with 247 recordings. Why does my Cloud storage have more recordings than my DVR box? lol

Official Employee

Hello all, I am happy to answer your questions about your Cloud DVR and your DVR storage capacity. X1 Cloud DVR service is designed to hold 60 hours total, regardless of HD or SD. Dvr is 500gb. To learn more about how loud DVR works please click on this link

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

ComcastAmir wrote:

Hello all, I am happy to answer your questions about your Cloud DVR and your DVR storage capacity. X1 Cloud DVR service is designed to mirror the same content as DVRs in the home, including matching the same amount of storage available in the home (e.g., if a customer has two XG1 boxes with 500 GB of storage each, they will have the same 1 TB of storage in the home and in the cloud). To learn more about how loud DVR works please click on this link

If you are happy to answer the questions, why don't you actually answer them? I don't care what the service was designed to do, it doesn't actually do it. My cloud service on the web site currently shows 42% for 23 recordings and the DVR shows 20% for 25 recordings. The cloud has always shown a higher percentage full than my DVR. And the number of recordings has often been different.

Official Employee

I understand where you are coming from swanda, and I gave a link to help you understand the service so you know why your DVR says something different from online. Also each case is different, so if you're needing further assistance with your DVR or storage capacity please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and phone number by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation