Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On Demand freezes after 5 seconds of watching

ANSWERED
New Poster

On Demand freezes after 5 seconds of watching

I have a Tivo and when I go to watch any On Demand program it freezes after 5 seconds of watching.  I've called Comcast 2 x and Tivo 2x.  I've had a Comcast tech out two days ago.  He put in a new modem but still same problem on both of my Tivos.  Everyone seems to be totally in the dark.  I read on Tivo forum that it probably is a rate code problem.  I'm afraid to call Comcast and be on the phone for a few more hours!  On Demand does work on my laptop with no problem.  Help!  

Accepted Solution

Re: On Demand freezes after 5 seconds of watching

After being given much run-around by both Tivo and Comcast I took to reading forums for both companies.  The forums gave me the answer I needed but I was calling the given # on a weekend and after hours the person answering at Comcast had no idea what I was talking about.  She gave me another # and when I called that I was back with Tivo!  That tech called the correct department in Comcast (Tivo Cablecard techs) and that knowledgeable lady was able to help me!!!  She looked at my cable card billing and it was being coded as a regular box.  She changed it back to Tivo cable card code and I finally have my On Demand back!  I even got a $20 credit on my bill. Thank you to the posters on this forum and the Tivo forum that gave me the solution.

View answer in context
New Poster

After being given much run-around by both Tivo and Comcast I took to reading forums for both companies.  The forums gave me the answer I needed but I was calling the given # on a weekend and after hours the person answering at Comcast had no idea what I was talking about.  She gave me another # and when I called that I was back with Tivo!  That tech called the correct department in Comcast (Tivo Cablecard techs) and that knowledgeable lady was able to help me!!!  She looked at my cable card billing and it was being coded as a regular box.  She changed it back to Tivo cable card code and I finally have my On Demand back!  I even got a $20 credit on my bill. Thank you to the posters on this forum and the Tivo forum that gave me the solution.

Official Employee

Hi gsmith88, thank you for sharing your experiencing with us here. I am glad that everything has been taken care of for you, have a good day. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation