Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On Demand Purchases

Regular Visitor

On Demand Purchases

I've purchased several movies from comcast and would like to watch them on my computer, laptop and mobile device.

I've removed all approved devices from the account because I used to get a message saying I had exceeded the limit of approved devices.

When I go to the website, xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/store#store=product.html to stream a movie there is never any poster art that appears and when I click play it just sits there with the loading circle and nothing ever happens.  The computer is hardwired and can stream from prime/youtube/etc just fine.

I have the xfinity purchases app on my ipad and I've download the xfinity on demand player on my pc and laptop.

On the laptop, in the on demand purchases app, after logging in, I get a message that says, "Device Unregistered - The following validated properties were not correctly supplied: Property=Login SubscriberRequest.Password, Failure Reason=ValueWasNull, Failed Constraint=Required property, LoginSubscriberReqest.Password, was not provided."  there's a button that says 'Register Device' and when I click on it it tells me I'm being redirected to my destination and then I end up on the same page with the previous error message.

Also, when closing the on demand player program (clicking the x in the upper right hand corner or using the menu on the top left corner) on the laptop I get a message saying, "Remove from device - Now that the uninstallation process has completed, would you like to remove all downloaded content from this player? OK/Cancel"

On the ipad in the purchases app I get a list of movies I've purchased, with blank poster art, and when I choose any movie I get the following error, "Error License acquisition failed. Please try again." I also get a message telling me HD Playback is unavailable "The HD version of this title is not available for playback on this device.  Would you like to view this SD Version?"  Why would HD not be available?  I bought the hd version and the device is hd.  If I choose SD I get the license acquistion error message.

On the pc if I try to stream the movie I get the same issue with no poster art and then the continuous loading circle or black screen with a status bar (play/stop/volume) but no movie.  If I try to watch from the XfinityTV On demand player program I get a button/link below the work Xfinity that says retry.  clicking on retry brings me to the same screen.

For streaming I've tried disabling adblock and have tried in multiple browsers in windows 10. (chrome, explorer)  Silverlight is installed and updated on the laptop and pc.  Password is correct, internet connection is verified.

So, in summary, trying to access my purchases from the website on the laptop and pc doesn't work, using the application on the laptop and pc doesn't work and using the app on the ipad doesn't work.  Please help.

Contributor

Re: On Demand Purchases

I am having the same problem.  I cannot access my ondemand purchases on my iPAD.  Didn't have this problem until about a week ago.

Regular Visitor

Re: On Demand Purchases

After some investigation/trial and error I discovered I was able to use the website to stream my purchases outside of my home network so I looked at my router settings and I believe having the OpenDNS servers on my router made the purchases functionality not work.

I'm still having trouble with the XFINITY On Demand Player, getting the same error "Device Unregistered - The following validated properties were not correctly supplied: Property=Login SubscriberRequest.Password, Failure Reason=ValueWasNull, Failed Constraint=Required property, LoginSubscriberReqest.Password, was not provided"... and there's no way to log in.

Also the purchases app works but I'm still unable to watch any of my purchased movies in HD.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation