Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On Demand Issues

ANSWERED
New Poster

On Demand Issues

After a new episode airs, on demand takes to much time to add the new episode to the list. It will have episodes 1, 2, 3, and it will say 5 is airing on this date. I won't even have episode 4 to select. Also lately all on demand videos have been having slight skips. This is happening with all networks. Eventually between 1 to 3 days after an episode airing it will eventually show up on demand to watch. This needs to be fixed.
Accepted Solution

Re: On Demand Issues

Hello CDogg33, each network is in charge of posting new content on demand. The example that (CactusThorn) mentioned above is one reason why the networks take their time when adding content to your menu due to issues with the feed. Please allow 24-48 hours from the original air date for the network to post the content on demand. If you see that 48 hours has pasted and the content has not been posted you can reach out to the network and request it, if there is a problem with the feed they will notify you at that time. 

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

Any particular show?  Sometimes there is a problem putting things into the correct folders.

Make sure to try "Search" if it's not in the folder, because you MAY be able to find it that way.

Also, sometimes you may find it in the alphabetical ("A-C" etc.) folder if it's not in the network folder.

Sometimes, they are indeed missing (what I often see with Search is that the HD version is there but the SD is missing).  Those do tend to be fixed in a few days; if not, it's good to bring it up in this forum so that maybe Comcast can get the network to restore the missing episode.

Official Employee

Hello CDogg33, each network is in charge of posting new content on demand. The example that (CactusThorn) mentioned above is one reason why the networks take their time when adding content to your menu due to issues with the feed. Please allow 24-48 hours from the original air date for the network to post the content on demand. If you see that 48 hours has pasted and the content has not been posted you can reach out to the network and request it, if there is a problem with the feed they will notify you at that time. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation