Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On Demand Buffering

Contributor

On Demand Buffering

When using Xfinity On Demand on my PC, I am having problems with it going into buffering mode and then it just sits there.  I have waited for at least 10 minutes before giving up.  It is always when transitioning from a commercial back to the program.  Today, I have been trying to watch Major Crimes, Episode 2 of this season.  I cannot get it past the halfway point.  I have tried the following:

1.  Just waiting for the transition from commercial back to program.  It just sits there with a "Buffering" message.

2.  Exiting back to the On Demand web page for Major Crimes and click on play again.  It runs the commercials again and then just sits there buffering again at the transition point.

3.  After waiting for at least 5 minutes at the transition point, I disconnected my wifi on the PC and reconnected.  No Change.

4.  Quit IE and restarted playing program On Demand.  Same result. 

I don't know if the problem is something with the commercial or the program or just your application; but it is really frustrating.  This has happened on other days and with other programs also.  And it always happens when transitioning from commercials back to the program.

New Poster

Re: On Demand Buffering

Will Comcast/Xfinity please response to this? I have been having the same issue while watching on Demand on both my PC and Mac. It is not just the buffering but also that some viewings will not restart after commercial break--this issue was also asked about on another post here but not answered. This is becoming more of a problem since currently about half of the shows I watch end up having these issues.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation