Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Older TV not working with new cable box

New Poster

Older TV not working with new cable box

I picked up a new cable box today and it is not working with an older TV I have. I don't think the tv has the correct inputs that I need. Do I need a newer tv or is there a way to correct this? It's a non HD tv and the only connection I can make to it from the cable box is into the antenna connection. I had no problem before this newer box. I set it up the same way I did my older box. Thank you.

Problem Solver

Re: Older TV not working with new cable box

Is the cable between your older television and cable-box a coaxial-cable? If yes the cable should connect to the only coaxial input on your television. I assume you still have an analog tv.

The tv (or it's remote) might have an input button that switches between TV and cable, or possibly a video player, each time it is pressed.

Make sure the output is set to cable. If no button, remember to set the Tv to channel 3. Plug in the cable-box and wait at least 5 minutes for it to reset and down-load data to your television. You might have to turn the cable-box back on at that time. The cable-box will now be the tuner for your television.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation