Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Not able to change the channel online or through the iPhone app but DVR manager works

Frequent Visitor

Not able to change the channel online or through the iPhone app but DVR manager works

ComcastTeds can you help me with this problem.  I have called and chatted with many Comcast representatives and they can’t or know how to help me, giving me answers that do not fix it, keep creating case numbers that if they are looked into further do not fix the problem or keep transferring me to different people. The representatives keep asking me about the box not be compatible with xfinitytv.comcast.net, which is wrong because the DVR manager works fine. The representatives also ask me if changing the channel with the Comcast remote works, which it is and that’s not what I am referring to.  ComcastTeds I need somebody to look at the account to see what’s wrong.

The problem is I can't change the channel online or through the iPhone app. When I go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net and login I click on control, your TV I get the message: No compatible cable boxes were found in your household.  In addition, when I go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes it says TV Control is not available for this cable box.  Also when I go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh and under the Diagnostic Information it says the manufacturer  under that it says [ No Device Model Available ], and  then under the Diagnostic Information it says LiveTV and under that it says N. However, the DVR manager does work which should not be the case if it can’t find a compatible box. I believe that the configuration of the DVR on the account is wrong or is not configured properly. The DVR is the only cable box on the account, is not right and the reason I think that is that the model shown on Comcast’s end is not right, it shows MOR200BNR, which that model number represents the Motorola DCX3501/RNG200N, but box on the account is showing that model number which is wrong. The right model number is the Motorola DCX3400M. ComcasTeds, I would want this to be resolved without somebody coming out to swap the Motorola DCX3400M I have with another Motorola DCX3400M.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Not able to change the channel online or through the iPhone app but DVR manager w

Can ComcastTeds or somebody else at comcast look into this for me please thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Not able to change the channel online or through the iPhone app but DVR manager w

strunck111 wrote:

Can ComcastTeds or somebody else at comcast look into this for me please thanks.

Your ticket says that everything is now working about two hours after these posts.

Is your issue resolved?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

No it still does not work Joe. DVR manager works as it allways has since i got the box, but i still cant change the channel online for the DVR. It still says No compatible cable boxes were found in your household. and TV Control is not available for this cable box. can you please check the configuration of the box on the account please and can you not call me about this issue because they keep asking me if changing the channel from the remote works which is what is wrong and it is not what i had requested to be fixed. can you Joe help me with this issue. i know that the tickets have not resolved the problem as of when they put in the box there has been 3 or so tickets that say resolved but they are not. All of what i have described in the first message/post of this thread still applies as what i put in this post that i did not include in the first message/post 

Official Employee

strunck111 wrote:

No it still does not work Joe. DVR manager works as it allways has since i got the box, but i still cant change the channel online for the DVR. It still says No compatible cable boxes were found in your household. and TV Control is not available for this cable box. can you please check the configuration of the box on the account please and can you not call me about this issue because they keep asking me if changing the channel from the remote works which is what is wrong and it is not what i had requested to be fixed. can you Joe help me with this issue. i know that the tickets have not resolved the problem as of when they put in the box there has been 3 or so tickets that say resolved but they are not. All of what i have described in the first message/post of this thread still applies as what i put in this post that i did not include in the first message/post 

Try unplugging your box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

After you have done this, please try again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Ok im going to do that soon

Frequent Visitor

No it did not work. On this website: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26678368-DVR-DCX-3501M-not-compatible-with-Xfinity-App-~start=20 somebody had the same issue and they resolved it and sayed the problem was that coding was missing.

can you check to see if the box is configured and coded right on the account

Official Employee

strunck111 wrote:

No it did not work. On this website: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26678368-DVR-DCX-3501M-not-compatible-with-Xfinity-App-~start=20 somebody had the same issue and they resolved it and sayed the problem was that coding was missing.

can you check to see if the box is configured and coded right on the account

We are re-opening your ticket. Someone will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

so do you mean they will be calling if so can they call XXX-XXX-XXXX.

EDIT: Removed phone number after I passed it along to our team. -ComcastJoe

Frequent Visitor

nobody has contacted me about this yet Joe

Frequent Visitor

nobody was contacted me yet

Silver Problem Solver

so you can see your recordings, set recordings from the app but not change channels???  how about using the remote, thats how I do it.

Frequent Visitor

usin the remote control it works but thats not what im asking

Silver Problem Solver

so when you log into the app do you see your recordings and your cable boxes present there?   Have you tried going to settings in the app under the settings icon and clearing the data, then restarting your phone and then trying it.??

New Poster

I have the exact same problem.  After a long onlline Chat session with Comcast tech support, zero progress was made, and my ticket was escalated.  I'm still waiting to hear back.

If you do find a solution to this problem, I'd therefore be very grateful if you could post it here.

Thanks.

New Poster

After two long online Chat sessions and one phone call today with Comcast...NO SOLUTION. 

They said bring in the DCH3416 and exchange it for another one. Hard to believe that's the problem, given that every other aspect of the box works fine, including programming it from my desktop and my iPhone.

Not happy.

Regular Visitor

Got the same issue going here, and no solutions yet.  Really wish there was some way to resolve this.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue.  DVR manager is working but not able to change channels from the iPad and doesnt display TV name on screen when testing.

Official Employee

Bjhayes1 wrote:

I have the same issue.  DVR manager is working but not able to change channels from the iPad and doesnt display TV name on screen when testing.

Try unplugging your box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

After you have done this, please try again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I have 2 DVR's and 2 HD tuner boxes.  I have the same issue with both of my DVR's.  I can record and manage recordings on both DVR's.  I can also change the channel on the other two HD tuner boxes.  The only trouble I am having is that I cannot click the "Watch Channel" button when I have either DVR selected.  If I select one of the non-dvr's in the xfinity TV app, I can watch the channel on that device.  I get the same behavior on the PC, on the family iPhones, and the iPads.   

I've pulled the power, deleted the app, re-installed the app to no avail.  the sad thing is that my older DVR worked perfectly until the hard drive crashed back in October and they replaced it with this newer DCX3400-M

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regular Visitor

Re: Can use DVR Manager but not change channels from Xfinity Android App

Same issue here.  However, I'm using the online app as well as the iPhone app.  Please help!

Official Employee

dchaehnel wrote:

I have 2 DVR's and 2 HD tuner boxes.  I have the same issue with both of my DVR's.  I can record and manage recordings on both DVR's.  I can also change the channel on the other two HD tuner boxes.  The only trouble I am having is that I cannot click the "Watch Channel" button when I have either DVR selected.  If I select one of the non-dvr's in the xfinity TV app, I can watch the channel on that device.  I get the same behavior on the PC, on the family iPhones, and the iPads.   

I've pulled the power, deleted the app, re-installed the app to no avail.  the sad thing is that my older DVR worked perfectly until the hard drive crashed back in October and they replaced it with this newer DCX3400-M

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you been in contact with our team?

Have they mentioned rolling a truck out to you?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Yes.  I've been in contact with about 6 team members with nobody offering much help.  Yes.  they've rolled a truck out to my house twice.  Neither techncian knew what to do.  It's not a hardware issue.  This appears to be a software issue.  This page - http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh shows me that the DVR's are not recognized correctly. I'm guessing the device Manufacturer needs to be identified as well as the "LiveTV" option set to "Y". 

Diagnostic Information

Name Manufacturer LiveTV OnDemand Upgrade Remote Tune Software  
 Living Room[ No Device Model Available ]NYInstall
Request Sent
 Basement[ No Device Model Available ]NYInstall
Request Sent
Master BedroomMotorolaYYInstall
Request Sent
Bonus RoomMotorolaYY

Install

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation