Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Not Available for Mobile Viewing

Frequent Visitor

Not Available for Mobile Viewing

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with two problems.

First, a number of my recordings are showing "Not Available for Mobile Viewing" and a gray house on the DVR menu.  Is this a problem that is being worked or is it a copyright issue?  The odd thing is if I manually record the same exact program(s) by hitting the record button, they record and stream to my mobile device/XTV.comcast just fine.  I've talked to a support rep and they were perplexed. 

The other problem I'm having is that the "Sceduled Recordings" on the XTV/Mobile app  often don't show all my recordings, for example, it absolutely refuses to show "Lone Survivor" no matter what channel or time I schedule it for, but it'll show some that will later be unable to download so I can't figure that out. 

I saw some earlier threads about the "not available to mobile viewing" problem, but it was unclear to me what the resolution is/was. 

Thanks.

BL

Regular Contributor

Re: Not Available for Mobile Viewing

Been noticing this too. Have you tried downloading one ? I just tried and even though the DVR shows not available for mobile viewing, it downloaded no problem.
Frequent Visitor

How were you able to download it?  If it shows on DVR as not available for mobile viewing, were you still able to see it on your app?  I recorded the walking dead last night and for some weird reason it is showing not available for mobile viewing?  But I can't see it on my app to download it either...it is on my dvr just not on the app.  The talking dead afterwards is available on the app and last weeks episode of the walking dead was available so I don't understand since it was a series recording.  I had it happened before with other shows and it was just random just like last night's episode.  All different networks at random times...

Regular Contributor

I see the recording on the mobile APP. When I select it, (option MORE I think), one of the options is download, so just  I tried it, expecting it to say not available, but sure enough, it downloaded and I am able to view it. I think there are SOME that won't and some that will, depending on the contract with Comcast, but I think the X1 guide mistakenly marks some as not available for mobile, when in fact, they are.  Happy Downloading !

Frequent Visitor

Oh, ok, well the shows that say not available for mobile viewing on my dvr do not show up on the app...it has nothing to do with a contract, as I said before, an example is The Walking Dead on AMC that I have been recording since August as a series recording...this past episode said not available for mobile viewing and doesn't show up on the app.  Last week's episode is on the app just not yesterday's.  The show right after The Walking Dead on the same network didn't have a problem. This has happened before with random shows that for some reason 1 episode will not show up on the app whereas all the other episodes do.  I've actually caught this as a show was just beginning to record and saw it said not available for mobile viewing so I canceled the recording and then scheduled it again and it showed up normally.  I'm thinking this is a glich in their system since there is no rhyme or reason to it, i.e. not just one network nor the same problem with the same show.  In fact a month ago I was traveling out of state and downloaded a show to my tablet to watch on the plane.  It downloaded, no problem and I had a lot of shows on my dvr to catch up on while I was on vacation and saw all of them on my app on my tablet.  Then for some crazy reason when I got to the airport I pulled up the app and NONE of my shows were on there including the one I downloaded.  I was on the phone with Comcast for over an hour while waiting for my plane and no one could figure out what happened.  My daughter who was at home said that all the shows on the DVR now said not available for mobile viewing.  I still don't know what happened...I know I saw them on my tablet as I'm on their all the time and I know it successfully downloaded the one show that I wanted to watch on the plane.  I think they keep trying to update the system and it causes glitches.  I'm a pretty technical person and this is just to random to be any contractual issue with networks unless they have contractually issues episode to episode across all the networks.  

Regular Visitor

kjsa71

I am having this exact same problem.  Shows are randomely appearing not available for mobile viewing.  Seems to happen for a couple of days then start working.   Have you resolved this?

Frequent Visitor

It seemed to have resolved but an occasional show here and there just happen to not be available for mobile viewing with no rhyme or reason.  I've also been having issues with my tv service just moving really slow, whether changing channels (the channel takes really long to load on my tv), watching a recorded program on my tv (again just the show loading very slowly), and the pause, forward, rewind actions just taking really long to react after pushing the buttons on my remote.  I've rebooted the box multiple times and changed the batteries in my remote and it is still happening.  Very frustrating....last time I had technicians come out for problems with the dvr it ended with 5 different technicians coming out and then getting a new box before warning me I would lose all my recordings on the box.  I have recordings on my box that aren't available online that my daughters want to watch when they come home from spring break so I will wait until then to get someone out here.  They were available on the app until the one day when all of the shows dissappeared from the app so now they are only available on the box itself.  Plus the technicians who came out were not very knowledgeable with the x1 platform and the "cloud" so I will expect several appointments again before someone figures this out.

Official Employee

kjsa71 wrote:

It seemed to have resolved but an occasional show here and there just happen to not be available for mobile viewing with no rhyme or reason.  I've also been having issues with my tv service just moving really slow, whether changing channels (the channel takes really long to load on my tv), watching a recorded program on my tv (again just the show loading very slowly), and the pause, forward, rewind actions just taking really long to react after pushing the buttons on my remote.  I've rebooted the box multiple times and changed the batteries in my remote and it is still happening.  Very frustrating....last time I had technicians come out for problems with the dvr it ended with 5 different technicians coming out and then getting a new box before warning me I would lose all my recordings on the box.  I have recordings on my box that aren't available online that my daughters want to watch when they come home from spring break so I will wait until then to get someone out here.  They were available on the app until the one day when all of the shows dissappeared from the app so now they are only available on the box itself.  Plus the technicians who came out were not very knowledgeable with the x1 platform and the "cloud" so I will expect several appointments again before someone figures this out.

There is nothing a techinician can do to resolve your issue,  its not an issue with your set top box.    I see 5 recent recordings that failed to record to our cloud recorders.   Unfortuantley there are instaces where recordings are unavailable for mobile viewing.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I wasn't planning on calling a technician for the "cloud" issues...I am having issues with the functions moving super slow on my box such as pause, fast forward, rewind functions as well as just changing the channels.  If I change the channel to say NBC then the NBC logo comes on with the 3 dots below it blinking and it takes awhile to load the channel as well as loading a recorded program or just trying to pull up the tv guide.  If I hit pause, play, forward, or rewind on a live or recorded show then it takes a good while to actually start doing it.  I've rebooted the box numerous times as well as change the batteries in my remote but it is still slowly moving.  The reason I was waiting to call a technician regarding that issue was because I didn't want to lose the reorded programs that were lost from the cloud until my daughters at college could come home and watch because I knew they might want to change out my box and I would lose all of the shows and their is one series of recordings that aren't available anywhere else online.  If you have any suggestions for the issues of the slow moving/loading issues of my box I would be happy to try them and avoid calling anyone out to the house.

Official Employee

kjsa71 wrote:

I wasn't planning on calling a technician for the "cloud" issues...I am having issues with the functions moving super slow on my box such as pause, fast forward, rewind functions as well as just changing the channels.  If I change the channel to say NBC then the NBC logo comes on with the 3 dots below it blinking and it takes awhile to load the channel as well as loading a recorded program or just trying to pull up the tv guide.  If I hit pause, play, forward, or rewind on a live or recorded show then it takes a good while to actually start doing it.  I've rebooted the box numerous times as well as change the batteries in my remote but it is still slowly moving.  The reason I was waiting to call a technician regarding that issue was because I didn't want to lose the reorded programs that were lost from the cloud until my daughters at college could come home and watch because I knew they might want to change out my box and I would lose all of the shows and their is one series of recordings that aren't available anywhere else online.  If you have any suggestions for the issues of the slow moving/loading issues of my box I would be happy to try them and avoid calling anyone out to the house.

Your signal issues look very good so thats not the issue, it could be an issue with a recent firmware upgrade..  Not sure if swapping the box will resolve your issue.     Since you do you have cloud dvr, your daughters can watch their  recorded shows from college.. They can download the TV app or visit the TV website online at xtv.comcast.net

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

The shows I recorded back in December/January that were on the cloud mysteriously disappeared from the cloud on January 15th.  I had numerous shows which were available through the app including one I had successfully downloaded to my tablet on the January 14th as I was flying on the January 15th and the morning of the 15th on my way to the airport I noticed all of the shows were gone including the one I downloaded.  I called my daughter at home and she said all the shows were still on the dvr.  I was on the phone with 5 different people for 2 hours while at the airport and no one could tell me what happened or why it happened.  Recordings from that day on were showing up on the app until again on February 17th all the shows that were available for mobile viewing all disappeared...again "all of them".  However they were still on my dvr box.  I understand that an occasional show might not get recorded to the cloud, although why a random show on random networks is weird...I don't understand how it does get recorded on the cloud and then all of my recordings disappear from the cloud and then on my box it says not available for mobile viewing....I mean each time we are talking about 15-20 shows that were showing up on the mobile apps disappear leaving zero shows available on the app and now only accessible from the dvr box.  So there are 7 episodes of a show that are on my dvr box that are not available on demand/netflix/hulu/amazon prime that I don't want to lose if they need to switch out my box.  But I can't figure out why my box is moving so slow and this has been going on for the past 4-5 days and it is just very annoying to have to wait 10-90 seconds each time I press a command for it to actually happen. My internet is fine I can watch shows from my Roku just fine so that is why I feel it is my box, even though it was brand new when they replaced it in November.  My daughters have the mobile app and watch shows from it all the time but like I said this is a show that got wiped from the cloud and is now only available on my box. 

New Poster

ComcastChad, i've had service for approx 24hrs (X1) and I'm not sure if my account has Cloud Sync active. I've restarted the box a few times and i've 'synced to cloud' but the iphone app shows 0 scheduled and 0 complete recordings. The box does have numerous recordings scheduled and quite a few programs fully recording. Thank you

Official Employee

KGrossi wrote:

ComcastChad, i've had service for approx 24hrs (X1) and I'm not sure if my account has Cloud Sync active. I've restarted the box a few times and i've 'synced to cloud' but the iphone app shows 0 scheduled and 0 complete recordings. The box does have numerous recordings scheduled and quite a few programs fully recording. Thank you

Your account is set up correctly, there seems to be an issue with the cloud scheduler.  I dont see any thing scheduled or completed.   I will need to send your info over to our engineering teams to investigate. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation