Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

None of the shows I want to watch will load for me online?

New Poster

None of the shows I want to watch will load for me online?

I'm trying to watch Sex and the City but everytime I click it, it shows the "xfinity starting playback" screen, but then it never starts playing?

I'm subscribed to HBO, so I know that's not the problem.

I've also tried signing out, then signing back in again and that didn't do anything.

Just last week I was able to watch the show online without a problem, I don't know what happend, but is there anyway to fix it?

Regular Contributor

Re: None of the shows I want to watch will load for me online?

A wise man recently told me here recently when I had video watching problems, to check and see if you have the latest Silverlight from Microsoft loaded on your computer. Follow this link to find out,it solved my problems.

Silverlight

Have you also tried HBO GO, to watch Sex In The City? Takes a few steps to sign on for the first time,but I've been watching HBO series over there.

HBO Go

Contributor

Welcome to the club, I've had the same problems as you. Some how I think the problem is on Comcast's side of the connection with so many people having the same problem. Check it out...http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Unable-to-watch-some-shows-online/m-p/1137483#M20...

Silver Problem Solver

only those with issues post they have a problem.  Also remember there is no way anyone can know what other programs you have on your pc that might be causing this issue. 

you want to do a test, start your pc in safe mode which disables most extensions and then try to do it.  Also turn off your firewall and antivirus and popup blockers, there are just so many things it could be. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation