Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No record button on app and says dvr is 100% full

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

No record button on app and says dvr is 100% full

We got a new dvr on 1/22. My xfinity app is recognizing it but there is no record button to record shows. It also says the dvr is 100% full which it is not. I can change channels on the tv thru the app but not record shows or manage my dvr.  I have talked to Comcast and they have sent a new signal. They also reregistered it. Also signed out and signed in numerous times as well as deleted and reinstalled the app. Help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: No record button on app and says dvr is 100% full

All of a sudden it's working. Thanks.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Also when I open the app, there are 2 choices - tv and dvr.  Why are there 2 and could the old dvr still be registered? We only have one dvr.

Silver Problem Solver

the names set in the app are set there by you, you need to name those tv or box locations in the app or on your pc.

Frequent Visitor

Ok thanks, but what about the main problem?

Frequent Visitor

Also when I go to the xfinity website I can't access the dvr. It says "syncing in process" and it's been like that for days.

Silver Problem Solver

have you tried unplugging the box?  are you sure the box is compatible and you have dvr manager in your area?   other have posted the same problem as yours and each time the 100% full message was a problem on comcasts end.   If after you unplug the box and plug it back in, go to the app sign out and back in and if it still says the same thing there is really nothing anyone else here can do.  You will need for comcast to come back monday and they will look at your account.

Frequent Visitor

I have unplugged it numerous times and Comcast sent another signal. Still nothing. The dvr is compatible and we do have it in our area because this is a replacement - the other one worked fine with the app. Very very frustrating.

i will contact Comcast again tomorrow.

Official Employee

kraila wrote:

I have unplugged it numerous times and Comcast sent another signal. Still nothing. The dvr is compatible and we do have it in our area because this is a replacement - the other one worked fine with the app. Very very frustrating.

i will contact Comcast again tomorrow.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

As of 6:20 pm on 1/31 I have still not received a call back and my problem has not been resolved.

Official Employee

kraila wrote:

As of 6:20 pm on 1/31 I have still not received a call back and my problem has not been resolved.

Your ticket is still open and someone should reach out to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Had a call back on Friday from someone I had trouble understanding. It also went to my husband's phone when it should have gone to mine (which I left instructions to do). He said to unplug the dvr (this will be about the 8th time) and he will monitor. Still no change whatsoever.

There is definitely something not syncing on your end as I can't access the dvr on the website either. There is a message that says "dvr is syncing." It has said that for 2 weeks now. So the website and the app have no record button and say that the drv is full (which it is not).  Please help.

Frequent Visitor

All of a sudden it's working. Thanks.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation