Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No eligible receiver DCH3416

New Poster

No eligible receiver DCH3416

I am a new customer, was installed on Saturday, activated mydvr on Sunday, can use mydvr scheduler on website, but the xfinity tv app still says no eligible receiver. Also, I get a similar message when clicking "watch on tv" from the xfinity tv website. I contacted support through chat on Monday and again on Tuesday. On Monday they said I hadn't waited long enough for it to activate, and on Tuesday they did a database refresh. I cleared my browser cache on my pc and deleted/reinstalled the app on my phone before testing it out again today, but that hasn't helped; I still have the same problem. I believe my receiver is a Motorola DCH 3416. Please help me; I'm getting pretty frustrated.
Cable Expert

Re: No eligible receiver DCH3416

The belief is 4 to 5 days, for the databases to sync up for these features to work.

Since this is a user to user forum, no one from Comcast is here to look at your account.  Power cycle the DVR one more time, and then call them on Thursday or Friday for a review of the codes on your account.

Always test on a web browser before attempting to use the mobile app.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you; I didn't realise this was strictly user to user. I will follow your suggestions!
New Poster

Still having the same problem... Some additional info is that when I go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes I see that "TV Control is not activated for this account," under the TV Control column for my box. Below that, there is a banner about "One remote you'll never lose," and a "Get Started" button for xfinity remote. I click "Get Started," and get a pop-up that says, "You have no eligile cable boxes!" and it also outlines the steps to set up your cable box for Xfinity Remote. Then in small text below the instructions, it says "We found 1 cable box that isn't eligible for XFINITY Remote."  

I have called Comcast support, and am waiting for a call back in "13-21 minutes" but it has already been 22 minutes... 

New Poster

Something else I just noticed is that, although my box is a DCH3416, when I go to menu>setup>cable box setup and display configuration, it shows the model as DCT. 

New Poster

So I received the automated call-back after 34 minutes (intead of the 13-21 estimated); I guess it could have been worse though. The rep sounded a bit confused initially but then seemed to understand my issue, and stated it would have to be escalated to Tier 2 support; it will take them up to 72 hours to fix (they also may need to change my password?). She gave me a bill credit for my trouble. I will post any further developments as they occur. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation