Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No eligible TVs or DVRs

Regular Visitor

No eligible TVs or DVRs

About 3 weeks ago my ability to remotely program my DVR has stopped working.  I used to be able to do it from the Xfinity web site on my desktop computer and from the Xfinity Remote app on my iPad.  Now I get the message "no eligible DVRs" (on website) or "no eligible TVs" on mobile app.  I have talked with 2 Xfinity support people on the phone and chatted with 2 others online.  None of the suggested solutions have solved my problem.  I really appreciate being able to use the remote programming function and would like it restored.

Frequent Visitor

Re: No eligible TVs or DVRs

Same issue here with remote app showing "no eligible TVs" and "record" button missing from each program listing since some time in November. All was working fine on multiple apple devices including iphone 4 and 4s as well as ipad 2, all with ios 7.1, DVR and boxes in other rooms all "talking" to each other (and are listed as app compatible units). Happens on both updated and non updated app versions even after dumping/reloading app.
Calls to customer service, including second tier tech support = worthless.
Other than app update on one device, only other recent comcast change was renewing my triple play deal -also in November.
Frequent Visitor

Finally got to a customer services supervisor who actually had some knowledge of the problem. There is a trouble ticket for this issue of DVR Manager not working on either the app or the website. That ticket originated on December 14, 2015. It is number P2-INC0104067. But, obviously, it has no resolution yet. Today's supervisor issued a second trouble ticket. It is number SR-010130982. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call Comcast, nicely/firmly request to speak with a supervisor and cite the two above tickets.

It is really important that you ask that another ticket be issued!!!

I went through this process when public xfinity hot spots were introduced several years ago. There was a Comcast software glitch that was erroneously requiring "triple play" subscribers to pay for the hot spot service, which was supposed to be free with their subscription. Mine and several other trouble tickets demonstrated that this was a systemwide problem. The issue was eventually fixed (took about two to three weeks after i first noticed it).

By the way, my DVR is a Motorola MOR200BNR, which is in the most recent generation of Comcast DVRs that is not the newest X1 system. It is NOT one of the DVRs listed on the website as incompatible with DVR manager.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem with 2 DVRs. Spent over an hour with Comcast to no avail.
Regular Contributor

Keep calling and ask for the Escalation team. I had the same problem and got it escalated. It took a couple weeks, but I'm happy to report they stuck with me by phone until it was fixed.

New Poster

I'm having the exact same issue. Comcast told me they are upgrading the DVR service but also said the upgrading started this week (1/4/2016). S this is obviously wrong. Arrrgggg

New Poster

Bob, can you please advise as to what steps exactly needed to be taken to help me guide the escalation team in resolving the issue? I've been dealing with this for a month now myself.
Regular Contributor

I spoke too soon in reply to this (old) thread. The escalation team failed to fix my problem. There was a short period of time when it seemed like all was well, but that didn't last long. I finally swapped all my legacy Motorola DVRs for X1 equipment and that worked for me. Problem not exactly "solved," but at least "remedied."

New Poster

All of a sudden, I'm having the same problem. My Samsung 5s with xfinity TV Remote worked up until Tuesday or Wednesday this week. It had my 3 different sets and was easy to use. Then, zap, and it now says "No eligible TVs". I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, didn't help. Went back to the Peel Smart Remote thinking they might be connected, but apparently not.

I spent 45 minutes in a "chat" last night and that tech didn't seem to have a clue about what I was talking about.

Any solutions yet?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation