Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No Xfinity App for Xbox

Valued Contributor

No Xfinity App for Xbox

What happened?  The Xfinity App is no longer available fo rthe Xbox 360.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: No Xfinity App for Xbox

Yes, it was decomissioned, you should have received a message from Xbox Live saying this a month prior to it being decommissioned....

New Poster

Yes, I understood that Xfinity says that "We are removing this to make way for new updates and improvements to our online experience for customers."  Which is kind of like saying "we are killing you to make room for other citizens in the world that we care more about"

You know, that is really c*ap.  I do not have a piece of Comcast equipment in my house except for a cable card, and I absolutely love that - thank you FCC!.  It was one of the main reasons I left DirecTV for Comcast, so that I can get rid of a bunch of crappy leased equipment that I can't control and do what I want when I want with gear that I own and don't pay monthly fees for.  Part of that was based on the XBox 360 app - which is the only thing in my Xfinity world I can't control - and therefore naturally they kill it.

Comcast, really, you have no idea the resentment you generate when you do things like this.  I know you don't want to be just a "pipe", but when you do these things it makes me really want you to be that and only that; I want independence so that you can't change or interrupt features or services based upon your "strategic direction".  I just want my 105mbps and for you to stay out of my way.

If anyone that reads this feels the same way, complain, please complain.  Or cut the cord.

New Poster

I agree.  Very dissatisfied with Comcast over this one.  Why take away an app we use with no communication about what can replace it.  If this is a step to try and get me on X1 or some other comcast service I'm not going to do it.  In fact it is making me consider dropping Comcast all together. 

The timing is good though.  My two years is up, and the NFL season is starting - may be time to jump over and get NFL sunday ticket.  Century link is 1GB in my area now too.  Hmmmmm....

Valued Contributor

John3758 wrote:

Yes, it was decomissioned, you should have received a message from Xbox Live saying this a month prior to it being decommissioned....

Yes, I'm aware it went away.  Now the question is "Why?".  Can no one from Comcast answer this?

Gold Problem Solver

spyncycle wrote: ... the question is "Why?".  Can no one from Comcast answer this?

The only answer you'll get from them is BS like "to make way for new updates and improvements to our online experience for customers" (from http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/18/comcast-to-shut-down-xbox-360-xfinity-app-in-september ).

IOW, to improve the Customer Experience, they made the Customer Experience worse.

New Poster

One more reason to try TDS.

I too have no Comcast equipment except two CableCards - a single-stream for an old CableCard slotted TV and one for my Ceton 6-tuner box. Comcast's relentless attempt to gain more control may increase revenue with some customers, but others like me slip through their fingers as we slip through their fingers.

That combined with horrendous customer service means fewer future customers.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation