Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No Wifi Conection

Frequent Visitor

No Wifi Conection

I have the Andriod Galaxy S3 and it used to be able to stream ondemand channels with the xfinity TV app over 3/4g, and know I am getting a error that says you have to stream over WIFI. Well the only WIFI that I have is the one at home and if I am there I sure am not going to stream video to my phone when I can watch it on the big screen. Is there a fix for this?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: No Wifi Conection

the app has only ever worked with wifi not 3 or 4g, thats how its always been for me. 

Frequent Visitor

it used to work about 2 weeks ago, I was watching bates motel. and according to this post:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/Xfinity-TV-Player-app-for-Android/td-p/1292871

its suppose to work over 3/4g.

Frequent Visitor

Anybody have any ideas or input?

Silver Problem Solver

the only thing you can do on your end, is uninstall the app, sign out of the account, restart the device and then download the app, and sign back into your account.   Looks like streaming over 3g only works on the android app not ios.   If that does not work send a PM to comcast joe asking him about it.   Maybe there was some changes made recently.

Frequent Visitor

I just signed out, cleared the applications cache, uninstalled it, rebooted and installed it again and got the same thing.

Frequent Visitor

Has there been any word on this yet? I emailed comcast joe and never got a relpy.

New Poster

I am experiencing the same issue on the S4 on the Sprint network. I was regularly streaming over 4G with my Droid Bionic on Verizon and was also able to stresm over 4G with this phone when I first got it. Stream over wi fi only is a new issue.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation