Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No TV Signal Detect for This Channel in Windows Media Center

ANSWERED
Contributor

No TV Signal Detect for This Channel in Windows Media Center

I have a Ceton Infini TV with Cable Card. My HD channels are 1000 and greater. Up until a couple weeks ago I got 1005 and 1007 just fine. (I still do get other HD channels just fine). Now I always get there is no TV signal available for 1005 and 1007. I am convinced comcast remapped these channels. Sure enough on my Clear QAM tuner I could not get channel 5 or 7 in HD so I did auto scan and now channel 5.1 and 7.1 have new numbers in parenthesis. How do I get my Media Center with Cable Card to get these channels now that comcast remapped them. Do I have to redo TV guide setup?

Accepted Solution

Re: No TV Signal Detect for This Channel in Windows Media Center

Getting the latest beta firmware from Ceton and then going to the device web page and typing in Frequency of 201000 fixed the problem.

Response from Ceton

"Comcast recently pushed out a CableCARD firmware update that caused some problems -- and our new firmware works as a workaround while we work with them to resolve this issue. "

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

Indeed it is always best to update the Windows Media Center guide as a first step when a channel disappears.  Have you checked to see if those channels are still the same (maybe look at the channel lineup on zap2it to double check)?  It is also not unusual for Comcast to move Local/Basic channels as they are trying to organize the local system, which generally requires a rescan on the Comcast cable that is connected directly to your QAM TV.

Contributor

I reran setup TV Signal in Windows Media Center and picked Bethel, CT Digital Comcast. Still no luck. Yes on my TV I did have to do a rescan to pick up the moved channels. My Cable Box still shows 1005 and 1007 no problem. So Comcast made a change and told my cable box about the change. For some reason is not telling my cable card about it. How do I get it to update my cable card?

Contributor

Using my ceton Diagnostics I can see that tuning to channel 1005 uses Frequency of 627000 (Doesn't work). Tuning to a channel 1002 uses Frequency of 225000 (Works). Anybody here at comcast know where these frequency #'s come from? Is there a way I can check what frequency my cable box is using to tune to the channels. My hunch is that when comcast remapped these channels the Frequencys did not get updated for my cablecard.

Contributor

I think some how my Frequency's are wrong.

If I go here http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/li ... sidebyside  And Hover over the channel # I can see the Frequency Required for each channel  To the Right I list columns using using Ceton Infini TV Device Web Page I got the Frequency being using on my Media Center.  

02.1 (225MHZ) 1002 (225000) - Works

04.1 (225MHZ) 1004 (225000) - Works

05.1 (201MHZ) 1005 (627000) -Fails

07.1 (201MHZ) 1007 (627000) -Fails

09.1 (237MHZ) 1009 (237000) -Works

Now if I could only figure out where it's getting the incorrect 627000 frequency from for channel 1005. Does anybody know? I called comcast and had them resend signals to my cable card and it did not help.

Contributor

Getting the latest beta firmware from Ceton and then going to the device web page and typing in Frequency of 201000 fixed the problem.

Response from Ceton

"Comcast recently pushed out a CableCARD firmware update that caused some problems -- and our new firmware works as a workaround while we work with them to resolve this issue. "

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation