Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No Premium Channels and DVR has error message saying Not Authorized

New Poster

No Premium Channels and DVR has error message saying Not Authorized

Ever since my home security was installed, my premium channels on my digital cable box in my bedroom says that I am not subscribed.  Also, my dvr isn't even registering.  It has an error message stating that this Explorer Settop is not authorized for use.  I have been calling Comcast for the past three days only to get transferred to someone else who can help me (and then they can't help me), the call dropping, or being placed on hold for hours and then the line goes dead.  I got this service installed on 8/3/2013 and I have had a problem with my cable ever since 8/4/2013.  I have called Comcast everyday since then.  I have even set up a technician to come and they did not show up.  If I don't get this fixed in the next few days, I am canceling the service.

Regular Contributor

Re: No Premium Channels and DVR has error message saying Not Authorized

Can you return the box to the Comcast store?  While waiting in line you can decide whether to get a replacement or just cancel service. If you decide to cancel, be sure to get a receipt for the return of the box, and save it forever.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation