Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No Eligible TVs

New Poster

No Eligible TVs

I recently installed the xfinity tv app on my iPad 2. Despite my DVR (Motorola DCX 3400M) being listed as compatible, and despite following all setup directions, the app reports no eligible TVs. Any help would be appreciated.
Cable Expert

Re: No Eligible TVs

Does it give a reason?  Mine indicated that at first, and it turned out I had given the DVR too long a name.  Renaming it (shorter) fixed it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Nope, no reason -- it doesn't even give me the chance to name or otherwise set up a DVR, just gives me the "no eligible TVs" message. The TV and DVR were both turned on and in the same room as me when I tried to get it set up.
Connection Expert

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Mobile-Apps-and-Web/Remote-Tune-Troubleshooting/td-p/862685

Did you do the remote tune process from the link above to name the Boxes initially?

you need to name the boxes so that the app can find them..

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

When I try to remote tune it lists my tv as having no device model available (like it can't even see that I have a DVR) and does not show the

"test" button at all.
Frequent Visitor

I went to the web site in the link that you provided: www.fancast.com/remotehelp

I am encountering a problem.  I get the following error message:

We're sorry, but an error has occurred. Please try again later. Error Code 404. [ Request: "get_account_info"]

and I cannot "test" my cable box.

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

I also went to this site and it seems to be down.

Frequent Visitor

It appears to be some sort of coding issue, but I have no idea, really, that is just a guess.

Frequent Visitor

The problem still exists.  Will this website ever work?

Connection Expert

The administrators have been alerted. Hopefully you'll get a response sometime this week.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I was told that although I have an eleigible box the service is not available in my area to do the My DVR.  All I can do is watch on demand.

Problem Solver

Sorry for the late response, is anyone still having issues with this?

Thanks,

-ComcastLarry-

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I am still receiving the same error message.  I have included a partial screenshot of the error I am receiving.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/10shy60.jpg

Regular Visitor

Yes, still same message

Frequent Visitor

Larry-

Can you give us any information on whether this issue is being worked on?

New Poster

I got the same error message until I logged in.

Top right.

However, there is no "test" icon and I cant get my eligible box to show up and it is available in my area.

Frequent Visitor

Even when I log in I still get that error message.  Why does Comcast promote this app for smartphones and tablets when it doesn't even work?

New Poster

I am also having this issue. When I go to the fancast page, it lists my box with the correct name but under model it says "[ No Device Model Available ]".

Problem Solver

To all that's still having the issues please send me a Private message with your acct and phone number so I may engage the correct team.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Problem Solver

Our team is still working on this issue. Once I receive feedback I will update the thread.

Thanks,

-ComcastLarry-

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

Because Comcast does not test their software out carefully enough. They want there customers to be the beta testers and if there are problems then it goes back to the drawing board. This has been going on for a long time.

The www.fancast.com/remotehelp is backup give it another try.

Regular Visitor

Any updates? I am getting the same error noted in earlier threads. And I have the same problem with my iPad xfinity app indicating we have no eligible boxes and yet we do.

Frequent Visitor

I tried the site again and am still getting the same error.  Why does Comcast promote this App when it doesn't even work?

This is the erro that I am still getting:

We're sorry, but an error has occurred. Please try again later. Error Code 502.: {"message":"Could not retrieve device information(500)"} [ Request: "get_account_info"]

New Poster

Not sure if this is still open, as Larry hasn't responded recently, but I'm getting the same " no eligible TV's" message. I'm getting the message from the app installed on an IPhone 3Gs, an Evo Shift running A2.2, and a viewsonic G-tab running A2.2 as well.

Also, when I log in to the Xfinity MyTV website, go to settings > Cable box and DVR, I get a message saying "An error has occurred". Comcast support keeps blaming this on my browser, but I get the same from the Tab running a custom browser, my iphone running safari, my work laptop running XP and IE7.0 or Firefox 3.6.17, or my home PC running XP and IE7, Firefox 5.0.1, or Google Chrome.

My boxes are a DCT2500 and a DCT6208, both of which show as compatible on the website.

I'm pretty much just waiting for someone to tell me it's not available in my area, which would be surprising as I'm in downtown Chicago, IL, but comcast support keeps juggling me between "not being able to log into xfinity's website" and " I need to reboot my cable set". Is anyone else still having this issue?

New Poster

Having issue with "No Eligible TV's" coming up but my box is on the eligible list. Tried to test them and get message saying remote tune is not available and a generic link to the FAQ. After being late for the first appointment, then taking over 5 hours to plug in a box and a phone, since signing up about 1/3rd of my HD channels are pixelated too much to watch, my on demand hasn't functioned in a week, getting put on hold for an hour with (barely able to communicate in English) customer service, and now my eligible box is not eligible for remote tune. I am way less than impressed with the whole deal and am ready to go Fios, Dish, or basically anything other than Comcast. I really have never seen poorer service.
Frequent Visitor

I'm wondering if anyone out there knows anyone who can access and use the xfinity app to its full extent?

Regular Visitor

Same issue here

New Poster

I am also getting bthis error when I attempt to record something on the Xfinity app for my iPad. It used to work. It doesn't work now. I just installed the app update this evening 9/20/11. Please get the lead out Comcast.
New Poster

My app worked fine when first installed ... now I get same message NO ELIGIBLE TV. What's up, nothing changed on my side. Trying to get help from comcast has been useless ...
New Poster

Mine worked great for weeks, both on my iPhone 4 and iPad2. Now it just says no eligible TV's. This has been like this since the middle of September. I also noticed that online, MyDVR Manager has said syncing for weeks and no longer let's me do anything. My Quene has items in it but all shows that I recorded months ago, nothing new has synced.
Regular Visitor

Setup:  Xfinity Anyroom DVR

DCX3400-M

DCX3200-M

Two DTAs

The Xfinity TV remote app worked great on iPad 1 from February 2011 to September 17, 2011

That was the day I noticed the app says 'No eligible TVs'

The diagnostic page at   http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh   shows 

Content you have access to:  [ No Cable Type Available ]

and

TV 3 [ No Device Model Available ]
TV 0 [ No Device Model Available ]
TV 2 [ No Device Model Available ]
TV 1 [ No Device Model Available ]

Clicking 'Install' failed on all 4 devices.

Four days ago I called the Customer Service number listed in the app and Paul opened a ticket.  But there has been no change in the last 5 days.  So I called this morning and Melissa verified that the hardware is listed correctly in the billing computer.  She transferred me to the internet department.  Stephanie performed a remote reset which disconnected our phone call.  I have reset the boxes and uninstalled / reinstalled the app.

Manage DVR says it's still syncing.  I started that over a week ago.

New Poster

I guess if you don't have the "RIGHT" cable box, you can't watch regular tv using the xfinity app.  Guess I gotta stay home to watch tv.  

Frequent Visitor

Is the service available in Naples Florida?  I have exhausted every avenue of possibilities that were offered to get my ipad and PC to sync with my DVR TV and to no avail.  I have the proper DVR SA RNG200 yet the same message appears on my PC and on my ipad 3 Xninity app. Dissapointing to have this happen each time I log onto my home page"UH OH Your not signed in to get to your account and sync your Xfinity services to your home page"

Would be great if you could get this resolved

Thanks

Joe

Regular Visitor

Technical Support was able to resolve my problem a long time ago.  I love the Xfinity Remote control on both the iPad and iPhone.

New Poster

I too have the same issues with this remote app on both my IPad and iPhone. No devices. I've called Comcast 6 times and have been transferred and transferred to no avail. I was told to use the Remote Help website. It too shows no zip code, won't let me delete available devices, this is terrible customer service. Both my cable boxes are listed as devices it should work with. If there is someone from Comcast that can assist me it would save this account because I am ready to close my accounts.
Regular Visitor

I have spoken to more reps at comcast than I can count, it seems the service is not available in all markets even though your prompted to sign in on your opening screen to reap all the benefits I'm so sick and tired of explaining this enigma to either deaf ears or to reps who simply do not know what's going on with the company they work for..
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats