Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No DVR recordings showing up on TV App

New Poster

No DVR recordings showing up on TV App

I had about 8 shows that that recorded on my DVR at home but only 2 showed up on the app. Can anyone help with this issue?
New Poster

Re: No DVR recordings showing up on TV App

Your wife stopped the recordings. Duh lol
New Poster

I have an appointment, for today-11/12/14 for 5PM-7PM would like to cancel appointment for today. if I have more trouble, I will call again.... thank you

Lawrence R. Workman

New Poster

I'm having the same problem.....

Regular Visitor

I have a lot of shows on my home DVR but only a handful are showing up in the mobile app.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem - only 2 recordings show up on the app - help is appreciated!
Official Employee

adcockj62 wrote:
Same problem - only 2 recordings show up on the app - help is appreciated!

It looks like there was an issue on 11/18 and 11/19 in your area where cloud recordings were failing, Looks like the issue was resolved today.  I do see a bunch of recordings from 11/20 showing on your cloud recorder.  Unfortunately the failed recordings are unretrievable.   

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

koreyc28 wrote:

I have a lot of shows on my home DVR but only a handful are showing up in the mobile app.

How many shows do you see on your mobile app, i see about 25-30 completed recordings on your cloud recorder.   Depending on when the cloud rate code was added, you could see a difference on what is on your DVR and what is on the app.  

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Last night I checked my DVR and I had 81 individual shows recorded.  I just checked the app on my phone and it shows 24 shows.  There are some series that  are on my DVR that aren't on my phone, such as American Horror Story. There are also shows on my DVR such as Gotham with 2 episodes but my phone only shows one.  There are also 60 minute shows on my phone that after downloadings says I have 33 minutes remaining even though I haven't watched any of it.

New Poster

I can stream live TV on the PC or my Iphone but I can't access and stream my DVR recordings from them. Under the "Saved" category, the only option is "Recent" and maybe only one or two shows show up. There are tons of recordings saved on the DVR. I have been told by multiple comcast people over the phone that I do indeed have cloud services enabled. If I do, why won't my DVR recordings show up on the PC or my Iphone? Any ideas?

New Poster

I am having the same issue.... home dvr almost full, yet tablet showing only 2 recordings??

Official Employee

Zaphod888 wrote:

I can stream live TV on the PC or my Iphone but I can't access and stream my DVR recordings from them. Under the "Saved" category, the only option is "Recent" and maybe only one or two shows show up. There are tons of recordings saved on the DVR. I have been told by multiple comcast people over the phone that I do indeed have cloud services enabled. If I do, why won't my DVR recordings show up on the PC or my Iphone? Any ideas?

Your missing the cloud dvr codes, you have the correct codes for the live TV streaming feature.  Someone from the customer service team should be reaching out to in the next 48 hours to get you set up.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

pixelww wrote:

I am having the same issue.... home dvr almost full, yet tablet showing only 2 recordings??

I only see two completed recorindgs on your cloud recorder, the home DVR and cloud recordings are two seperate recordings.  Were you ever able to see all your recordings?  Was this the first time you logged into the app?  Access to cloud recordings usually depends on when you accepeted terms and conditons on the app, if this is the first time you signed into the app then what you are seeing is correct, 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

That's great! Thanks for your help!

New Poster

I'm still having the issue and I've been using the app for nearly a month now. Still only 2 or 3 of my shows actually pop up in the app.
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem as Zaphod888. Recent shows on the app, but no recordings. I got an email last week that said it was now available. Help!
Official Employee

KJSherwood wrote:
I'm having the same problem as Zaphod888. Recent shows on the app, but no recordings. I got an email last week that said it was now available. Help!

Cloud DVR is not available in your area, just live TV and On Demand.   The app is working as expected. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

StoneyRyan wrote:
I'm still having the issue and I've been using the app for nearly a month now. Still only 2 or 3 of my shows actually pop up in the app.

There have been some recent issues in your area with the cloud recorders which would cause some recordings to fail.                 Unfortunately, failed cloud recordings are unretrievable.  I just checked your account and see 11 shows recorded to the cloud.     Do you not see 11?  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

You guys sent me an email that said, "Watch downloaded DVR recordings while you're offline." No fine print. Surely you know how to send the right email to the customers in the right market. Why send me a message that includes this information? Thanks for the quick response, but BOO on messaging.

Official Employee

Can you send me that email?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Yes I see the 11 shows. So I have like 6 that should record today but they probably won't be available in the app.
New Poster

I have recieved the same email, and I seem to be unable to download DVR videos to my mobile devices.  If you would like I can forward you the email, but not sure how I can get it to you as I don't think I can post it here on the forum.

New Poster

I am also having an issue with shows on my DVR not showing as available recodings on my Xfinity TV App. As a traveler, this was one of he key features about Xfinity that I was looking forward to, as advertised. Any ideas when Comcast will be able to fix this obvious bug?

Also, one show that is showing available downloads to 94% and then stops downloading. Always stops at the same point. Have tried re-booting the iPad and exiting and restarting the App. Also canceling the download and restarting. All lead to the same result.
Official Employee

musikbiz wrote:

I have recieved the same email, and I seem to be unable to download DVR videos to my mobile devices.  If you would like I can forward you the email, but not sure how I can get it to you as I don't think I can post it here on the forum.

Your market does not support cloud dvr yet, but will very shortly after this week.   no need to send the version, I already know which one it is.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

LewieE wrote:
I am also having an issue with shows on my DVR not showing as available recodings on my Xfinity TV App. As a traveler, this was one of he key features about Xfinity that I was looking forward to, as advertised. Any ideas when Comcast will be able to fix this obvious bug?

Also, one show that is showing available downloads to 94% and then stops downloading. Always stops at the same point. Have tried re-booting the iPad and exiting and restarting the App. Also canceling the download and restarting. All lead to the same result.

This is not a bug or known issue, I see 16 failed recordings on your account, this is due to issue with the cloud recorders in your ares. we are working on improving the stabilty of the cloud recorders.      We are also aware of the download experiecne and hope to have this resolved in our next app release. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I just got the Cloud DVR code added today.  I am not able to access any of my previous recordings.  Am I only able to access the ones from today on?

Official Employee

Yes only new ones as of today

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Thanks for your reply. I sure hope you guys fix it soon, because as it is now, you app is pretty worthless.
New Poster

I just traveled last saturday and i could not see any recordings that were planned while i was traveling.  I was able to download and view shows when i was home so i am certain i could retrieve dvr'd shows that wre recorded.  however, I have recorded many shows since and those are not showing on my phone or computer.  Then...today (weds).. i suddenly saw more shows than i had seen prior, but still not all (and the one i want).  I travel a bit and this feature was the main driver for me to upgrade -- particularly -- this recording.  I am also not seeing newly recorded shows as they are DVR'd  is there a way to refresh my list?  is there a lag between when i record and when i can see them as "saved" them on my device?

New Poster

It doesn't work as they advertise. I may get 3 out of the 10 shows that I DVR daily to show up in the app. Its completely worthless. Downgrade if you can without penalty.
Regular Contributor

I am having the issue that started around midnight 1/13 - DVR shows 82% full of recordings, DVR works fine.

but the Remote app only shows what I recorded today, nothing before.  Can my cloud storage be restored? 

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. ComcastChad is always so helpful.  We should all say thanks!!

New Poster

I have been having the same problems for several weeks with numerous calls to Comcast so they are well aware of this issue for weeks and have yet to resolve it.

We had a tech come out who blamed it on licensing issues. Someone else said this wasn't true so I have no idea what the problem is but it needs to be fixed immediately.
Official Employee

ethanmat wrote:

I just traveled last saturday and i could not see any recordings that were planned while i was traveling.  I was able to download and view shows when i was home so i am certain i could retrieve dvr'd shows that wre recorded.  however, I have recorded many shows since and those are not showing on my phone or computer.  Then...today (weds).. i suddenly saw more shows than i had seen prior, but still not all (and the one i want).  I travel a bit and this feature was the main driver for me to upgrade -- particularly -- this recording.  I am also not seeing newly recorded shows as they are DVR'd  is there a way to refresh my list?  is there a lag between when i record and when i can see them as "saved" them on my device?

Looks like your account was impacted by the recent cloud dvr issue.   Those recordings failed to record to our cloud servers.   Those recordings are unrecoverable. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Cj2012 wrote:

I am having the issue that started around midnight 1/13 - DVR shows 82% full of recordings, DVR works fine.

but the Remote app only shows what I recorded today, nothing before.  Can my cloud storage be restored? 

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. ComcastChad is always so helpful.  We should all say thanks!!

Do you mean the TV app (not the remote app)?  I do a see bunch of recordings that faied on your account since late december till now, those recordings can not be restored.  I am sendign your account info to our engineering teams to investigate. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the response Chad, I hope Comcast is putting resources on this issue- losing data in the cloud shouldn't happen.
You have a tough job.
Frequent Visitor

Hi I am having the same issue.  The XFINITY TV App option was just activated in our area.  I called Comast and I am waiting for a call back.  

Official Employee

What area are you in? We just tuned on live TV streaming in Portland but not cloud dvr.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Ok, that is most likely the issue then.  I am right outside of Portland in Hillsboro.  thanks for the reply.

New Poster

I am having the same issue as others. It seems as though the app only shows what has been recorded in the last 24 hours then it disappears from the app. This is not useful at all as I usually watch shows 3-4 days after they're recorded. My TV will show 84% full and the app will say 1 or 2% full. Will this be fixed soon?

Regular Visitor

Vacationing, I find only some of known DVR recordings shown on my TV app. Also, only a few of new scheduled recordings (since leaving home) are displayed. I've read almost every posting in two threads. Is there a clue in this response of "two separate recordings"? Am I doing something wrong, or is this an Xfinity problem?
Official Employee

try2improve wrote:
Vacationing, I find only some of known DVR recordings shown on my TV app. Also, only a few of new scheduled recordings (since leaving home) are displayed. I've read almost every posting in two threads. Is there a clue in this response of "two separate recordings"? Am I doing something wrong, or is this an Xfinity problem?

You are not doing anything wrong, its an issue we are aware of and are working on improving the stability of the cloud recorders in your area.   There are two seperate recordings, one for playback on your DVR (recordings are still stored on yoru DVR) and one for playback on mobile devices which is stored on our cloud servers. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastChad wrote:

Zaphod888 wrote:

Your missing the cloud dvr codes, you have the correct codes for the live TV streaming feature.  Someone from the customer service team should be reaching out to in the next 48 hours to get you set up.  

Can I get someone to contact me?  I have an X1 DVR and I downloaded the Xfinity TV app but I do not get any of my DVR shows.  I can watch live TV just fine but under Saved all I get is recent and that is empty too.

I have a few friends in my area  that have the Cloud DVR access but not me..  Not sure if this is a slow rollout or if I need a new box or what/

New Poster

I, too, am having an issue with DVR recordings in the Xfinity TV app.  I have several recordings on my DVR, but none of them are showing on the TV app.  The only option under "Saved" in the TV app is "Recent", and no recordings show up there.  I have the X1 cloud system, and am located in the Chicago suburbs.  Please help.

New Poster

Chad,

I am continuing to have issues as well. Most of my recordings are not showing up on my TV App on the iPad. I had more than 50 recordings on the DVR, but less than 10 were showing up on the app. I have since deleted some on the DVR. Is there any chance that Comcast will be able to resolve these recurring issues? Since I travel a lot, it would be very helpful to have this feature. Thanks!!
Official Employee

We are aware of the recordings missing issue and are working on resolving this as soon as possible.
Unfortunately it's not something we can fix overnight.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Chad,

You have been extremely helpful and very responsive. For that, I thank you. The only thing I will say is that this issue has been going on for a very long time, so to say you cannot fix it overnight is understandble, but this issue has been going on for several months. Is there any time line for Comcast to fix this issue which continues to be advertized as a key feature of Xfinity X1? THe resources of a company the size of Comcast should be able to fix your of your kkey features.

Again, this is nothing directed at you Chad. Your participation in this forum is admirable. Thank you!

Best,
LewieE
Frequent Visitor

Having the same problem, very disappointing.  Traveling in a few days, most of my shows showed up yesterday available to download, but didn't get to  it.  Today, DVR rebooted this morning (for some reason??) and now, only a few shows showing up to download.

This is really unfortunate since this is the major reason we went to X1.... being able to download and watch while traveling.  

Frequent Visitor

Based upon the comments below, that two sets of recordings are made, one for cloud, one on your DVR, then it appears that all of my cloud recordings were deleted, by Comcast servers, this morning?    Good Lord  Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

Perhaps the answer would be to download those episodes from Itunes store and deduct from Comcast bill?

New Poster

I have been having this same problem daily for a while. Was excited to watch a nhl game I recorded last night, but it is not showing up.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats