New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No Channels on Xfinity App or xfinitytv.comcast.net

Regular Contributor

No Channels on Xfinity App or xfinitytv.comcast.net

Started out unable to log into Showtime Anytime and grew into this:

From this forum's FAQ:

"If you are signed in with your Comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID and are still having issues, please go here and see if the network you are trying to watch is listed under "Premium Networks you can access online" near the top of the page."

When I go to that page, there is nothing at all that looks or says "Premium Networks you can access online".

And if I go to the website channel lineup / guide and filter by "My Channels", it's completely BLANK. No channels.

And if I get on the xfinity app on my phone I get "Subscription Error" on ALL CHANNELS.

Meanwhile, I can watch all my channels on my Tv. So it's just the online side that is fubar.

Service Expert
Moved:

Delete

Service Expert
Moved:

Delete

Service Expert
Moved:

Delete

Frequent Visitor

Re: No Channels on Xfinity App or xfinitytv.comcast.net

I am having the same issue... this began for me yesterday and has continued today with no resolution, after two calls to Support and a visit to my local office with no success. This happened to me about two months ago as well... back then I was able to use a chat session to resolve this issue with the tech support people. But now, every time I've tried to start a chat I get a spinning circle that goes nowhere. The calls to support were a total waste of time, as was the visit to the office where the "kid" tried to push an X1 box onto me as a way to solve my problem. Not impressed at all... maybe Comcast should scale back the ad budget extolling all the "great things" they are doing for customer experience and actually do something about the service. 

I have an open ticket as well as the ticket from May... again it is the same issue as before. I would appreciate any attention to this...

Screenshot_20160715-084549.pngmessage from My Account appScreenshot_20160715-085706.pnglist of "blocked" channels from TV Go app

Service Expert

I don't recognize that app; which one is it?

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/apps?cid=customer

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

At least I know I'm not the only one...

I have absolutely no comcast rental equipment in my home. I have been using cablecard tuners with a PC for more than 6 years, which does not allow watching HBO or SHO. So I use the Apps on my FireTv for those channels. It's been working great until yesterday when I suddenly could not log in to those apps. Come to find out ALL of my comcast subscribed channels are completely LOCKED via comcast websites, HBO/SHO websites, or FireTv apps.

I used chat last night (have to use alternate chat site https://www.comcastsupport.com/ChatEntry/Protected.aspx because main chat site is completely BROKEN). Chatted with two different people who could not solve my issue, then finally said they will forward to next level support and expecting a phone call this morning.

sturat wrote:

I am having the same issue... this began for me yesterday and has continued today with no resolution, after two calls to Support and a visit to my local office with no success. This happened to me about two months ago as well... back then I was able to use a chat session to resolve this issue with the tech support people. But now, every time I've tried to start a chat I get a spinning circle that goes nowhere. The calls to support were a total waste of time, as was the visit to the office where the "kid" tried to push an X1 box onto me as a way to solve my problem....

Frequent Visitor

These two screen shots are from my smartphone... first one is the Xfinity My Account mobile app, while the second is Xfinity TV Go mobile app. They are analogous to Comcast websites customer.xfinity.com and xfinitytv.comcast.net, respectively.

Frequent Visitor

Re: At least I know I'm not the only one...

I have a similar setup using cablecard, only in my case it's a series 3 Tivo. This issue began sometime on Thursday the 14th. Like you I was unable to use Comcast's chat facility until early this morning, but all I was able to accomplish from that was to have the agent log another ticket and escalate to Tier 2 support. And now we wait... 

New Poster

I am experiencing the same streaming TV lockout.  I _do_not_ have an X1 TV box, I use an HD HomeRun Prime with Windows Media Center instead -- which is still working fine.  Only streaming is broken.  Waiting on hold to chat w/ support, although it sounds like I'll just get ignored (err... escalated) like other people experiencing this issue.

PN

New Poster

I am having the exact same issue where I have been locked out of all my channels and shows even though I have premium channels on my TV.  I used the online chat system earlier today and was told my "issues is being directed to tier 2 technician".  I still haven't received a call.  This is beyond ANNOYING! I pay a lot of money each month to have access to these channels as I travel, this needs to get fixed.  UGHHHH 

Regular Contributor

Appears to be fixed at my house. All channels now working in apps and website and firetv sho/hbo.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation