Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No Access To DVR? I feel scammed.

Frequent Visitor

No Access To DVR? I feel scammed.

"Why can't I watch and download my DVR recordings?
DVR recordings are only available to X1 Cloud DVR subscribers. If you think you are an X1 Cloud DVR subscriber, let us know, and we can confirm if you are eligible for remote DVR access. In-progress DVR recordings are only available for in-home viewing, but you can watch and download completed recordings anywhere within the United States."

So I've rented your cable boxes, DVR, and Modems for the past eight years. Before the X1 came out I was saying how Comcast NEEDED to update their guide menues and cable box software. 

But when you do upgrade everything you stop supporting your old stuff and you dont even have the commen decency to update YOUR OWN EIQUIPMENT 

Comcast makes me sick. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: No Access To DVR? I feel scammed.

The older boxes do not support Cloud DVR. With Cloud DVR, the recording is actually on a Comcast server, not your DVR (Comcast can eventually save money by shipping boxes with no hard drives). That is why it's available on-line. The older boxes only support local DVR recordings.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation