Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

News in Slow Spanish?

Contributor

News in Slow Spanish?

why is there not a channel that carries News In Slow Spanish?  Or for that matter, other languages?

we pretty much ALL took languages back in high school, but thru disuse...we have forgotten them.  I would not mind watching a news show once a day in spanish, or some other language i am interested in.  How about adding THAT to one of the channels?

Official Employee

Re: News in Slow Spanish?

rmichalik, we can add a spanish channel tier to your service, but I cannot change the rate of speech. If you're interested in those options, let me know. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

He he, maybe you do not understand what i am asking.

"News in Slow Spanish" is the news, broadcast in Spanish, but the talker speaks very slowly...so that people who understand Spanish a little, can follow along.  Normal native spanish speaking is very fast. 

It is an actual TV show called "News in Slow Spanish".  Here is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBpWCDXlXQ0&list=PLcuFIued1EM_YcXudoL315mUlYiY3bZnp 

I am NOT asking to get the entire Spanish language channel tier!

I would thing XFinity would WANT to provide this service, as it is educational, lets your viewers learn spanish language, and THEN maybe many of us WILL order the Spanish Channel tier WHEN we are capable of comprehending it. 

Contributor

so, there is no interest in Comcast providing such a service?

Do you really want to drive us to find such services elsewere, and render the comcast tier of proggramming irrelevant?  

Valued Contributor

rmichalik wrote:

He he, maybe you do not understand what i am asking.

"News in Slow Spanish" is the news, broadcast in Spanish, but the talker speaks very slowly...so that people who understand Spanish a little, can follow along.  Normal native spanish speaking is very fast. 

It is an actual TV show called "News in Slow Spanish".  Here is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBpWCDXlXQ0&list=PLcuFIued1EM_YcXudoL315mUlYiY3bZnp 

I am NOT asking to get the entire Spanish language channel tier!

I would thing XFinity would WANT to provide this service, as it is educational, lets your viewers learn spanish language, and THEN maybe many of us WILL order the Spanish Channel tier WHEN we are capable of comprehending it. 

You say that this is a TV show. What channel does it appear on? If it is available via YouTube, Comcast now has a YouTube app available on the X1 platform. You can search for the show on the YouTube app.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation