Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New web interface prettier, but less functional and has gone backwards

Frequent Visitor

New web interface prettier, but less functional and has gone backwards

Great.  So now it takes 2 clicks to launch a program online.  We've gone backwards.  And, using the browser's back button exits the interface altogether.  Backwards.

I get it though.  Management LOVES it, right?  It's so pretty now.  Doesn't matter if it's actually better.

If there are better features interface, we'd never know because that information is not presented to the user... just "Switch to the new way" without simple in-your-face explanations of the changes.

Backwards.

New Poster

Re: New web interface prettier, but less functional and has gone backwards

I couldn't agree more! We no longer use a "box" and have an Xfinity card installed in a PC, hooked to our tvs, so this is our only On Demand option. I've actually saved a tab with the old interface so that I have my watchlist and can save movies to watch later. Have you tried browsing movies yet? I almost popped a vessel. We get it, Xfinity: it looks like Netflix, BUT WITH NONE OF IT'S USER FRIENDLY FEATURES! Please, for the love of Ray Donovan, give us back a watchlist! At the very least, a favorites or save capability. Since its inception, cable has always striven to be the most frustrating, complicated thing in our lives, and we get the privilege of paying for this blessing.

Regular Contributor

Re: New web interface prettier, but less functional and has gone backwards

The interface is one thing.  Now try actually watching something.  If you get lucky after countless tries and get through the NOT ON HOME NETWORK ERROR and get even luckier and get past the other errors that usually occur and finely get to watch something.  You will find the image is the quality of a bad VHS tape.  They knew this when they designed it and the intention is clearly evidenced by the fact that when you click on fullscreen it only makes the image slightly bigger.  (If you know the image is always going to be extremely low resolution you are not going to provide a full screen feature.)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation