Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New on-line TV listings does not work.

New Poster

New on-line TV listings does not work.

I re-entered my favorites and check that I had the right region and service.  On Demand displays, Queue displays, but TV listings shows nothing at all.

This is the second time this stuff has been "upgraded", and it's been a nuisance both times. 

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: New on-line TV listings does not work.

padrick wrote:

I re-entered my favorites and check that I had the right region and service.  On Demand displays, Queue displays, but TV listings shows nothing at all.

This is the second time this stuff has been "upgraded", and it's been a nuisance both times. 

Try deleting your cookies and cache and then try again. Let me know if the grid appears.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

No joy.  I've tried two browsers: Opera (which I've used for the listings for a long time), and IE7.  Queue and On Demand show me stuff, listings does not.

Frequent Visitor

Im having the same issue, my grid is blank.

I tried ie. I cleared my cookies, I cleared my cashe.

I have 2 computers and niether of them will show the grid.

Im using firefox 13.0 running win xp sp3

Is there maybe a flash update i need to see the grid?

Official Employee

Murphy111 wrote:

Im having the same issue, my grid is blank.

I tried ie. I cleared my cookies, I cleared my cashe.

I have 2 computers and niether of them will show the grid.

Im using firefox 13.0 running win xp sp3

Is there maybe a flash update i need to see the grid?

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, make sure that you browser's zoom settings are set to default. If it is zoomed in too much or zoomed out too much, the grid may not display correctly.

Make sure that Javascript is enabled also.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

As much as I hate the new listing, the favorites worked if I logged in first, now that doesn't even work. Half my favorites aren't showing. And please don't ask me to delete cookies. First, as I stated in another thread, I have never known deleting cookies to solve a technical problem. Based on the posts I have seen that is also true here. All deleting cookies does is screw up all my other web pages that actually work as they are supposed to. 

Also, based on the new behaviour, I don't think the favorites are using cookies. If they were using cookies there would be no reason for the site to force you to log in before your favorites will work. 

Sorry to hijack this thread, but many of the other threads complaining about the new listing seems to have disappeared. 

New Poster

Don't know why there's a Silverlight version, as I never installed it.

My Zip Code: 46229 My Cable Provider: Comcast Indianapolis Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 68.58.82.194 My operating system: Windows - undefined My web browser: Firefox 12 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, ci, a, bq, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, bs, at, cb, ch, cg, bm, bl, bv, b, bo, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
Official Employee

dbvi wrote:

As much as I hate the new listing, the favorites worked if I logged in first, now that doesn't even work. Half my favorites aren't showing. And please don't ask me to delete cookies. First, as I stated in another thread, I have never known deleting cookies to solve a technical problem. Based on the posts I have seen that is also true here. All deleting cookies does is screw up all my other web pages that actually work as they are supposed to. 

Also, based on the new behaviour, I don't think the favorites are using cookies. If they were using cookies there would be no reason for the site to force you to log in before your favorites will work. 

Sorry to hijack this thread, but many of the other threads complaining about the new listing seems to have disappeared. 

Are you having the same issue with your grid not appearing or just an issue with your favorites?

Padrick: 

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Besides dbvi, everybody else is using Firefox 12. In my Firefox 12, it works fine. It may be an add-on that is conflicting with the page but I am not sure. Testing another web browser will help us narrow this down.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

heres the info you wanted

My Zip Code: 97222 My Cable Provider: Comcast Portland Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My operating system: Windows - undefined My web browser: Firefox 13 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, bo, bt, cc, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

Official Employee

Murphy111 wrote:

heres the info you wanted

My Zip Code: 97222 My Cable Provider: Comcast Portland Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My operating system: Windows - undefined My web browser: Firefox 13 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, bo, bt, cc, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

Try disabling all ad blocking add-ons and make sure that if you are using an anti-virus software, please allow XFINITYTV.com to pass through your firewall.

Please attach a screenshot if possible.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Listings are blank. Nothing on the grid, all are blank. Never had a problem till the comcast "upgrade" change. Click movies, sports etc, and nothing. From the posts on this thread I believe the problem is with the comcast tv listing page and not everyone having p.c. issues. Too many people on too many different platforms are experiencing the same issue. Of course, Comcast reps are going to say the issue is not with them. Typical csr response. Comcast should fix this issue or return to the old listings, which I never had an issue with. New is not always better. Fix the problem Comcast or give me back the old listings. I bet if this many people had trouble paying their bill online, that problem would be fixed immediately!

Frequent Visitor

http://www.zap2it.com  

Works great...thanks for nothing Crudcast!

Frequent Visitor

Here is screenshot....I give up tried everything I can think of from different browser to pop ups to page codes...what next...works fine on my other computers...running windows 7 on machine with problem, latest version of firefox..

xfinity screen shot.png

Frequent Visitor

xfinity screen shot.png

Regular Contributor

Works fine on FF and chrome for me. Check your javascript and scripting security settings?

Frequent Visitor

been there done that....but appreciate the suggestion, always worth a second look

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation