members

topics

New Xfinity Player

New Poster

New Xfinity Player

I am trying to watch a video on my lap top and I keep getting this message:

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

What is the problem?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: New Xfinity Player

did you install the current version of microsoft silverlite, or flash and not use IE9?  There are so many things that can be the problem.  could be your firewall your antivirus, pop up blocker.  I would start with the first stuff though.  If you already have silvelight  uninstall restart and then reinstall

Official Employee

Studiolover wrote:

I am trying to watch a video on my lap top and I keep getting this message:

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

What is the problem?

Make sure that you are allowing Firefox to allow plug-ins to be enabled. It looks like you have it set to where Firefox is blocking add-ons.

If it is not Firefox, it may be anti-virus software blocking add-ons.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Running Windows 7 x64, internet Explorer, have all the latesrt updates, and cannot find how to upgrade the Xfinity Video player.

Official Employee

hanspuppa1 wrote:

Running Windows 7 x64, internet Explorer, have all the latesrt updates, and cannot find how to upgrade the Xfinity Video player.

Not all videos may be working on Internet Explorer 9 32-bit or 64-bit versions. Our team is currently working on this issue.

In the meantime, please use one of these browsers to watch videos:

Goggle Chrome 16

Safari 5.1

Firefox 8.0

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I need to install the software for the new xfinity player

Official Employee

Videos should now be working in the 32-bit version of IE9.

Please try watching a video in Internet Explorer 9 again.

Thank you for your patience and feedback and sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

No, No ,No!

The message says you need to install the new Xfinity Player. Where do we get this player? Does it even exist?

All of my equipment and software is compatible, The firewall is off, and NONE of the movies listed will play.

I have searched everywhere I can think of for this player, and the closest thing I have found is a scam to trick people into downloading a piece of worthless software.

Please post a link somewhere that can be found by customers to download the Xfinity Player.

Official Employee

jmkcurtis wrote:

No, No ,No!

The message says you need to install the new Xfinity Player. Where do we get this player? Does it even exist?

All of my equipment and software is compatible, The firewall is off, and NONE of the movies listed will play.

I have searched everywhere I can think of for this player, and the closest thing I have found is a scam to trick people into downloading a piece of worthless software.

Please post a link somewhere that can be found by customers to download the Xfinity Player.

Completely remove all Adobe Flash Player files from your computer and then try downloading it from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If it still doesn't work, please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

OK thanks for trying, but the solution is that the Xfinity movies are played on software that is not compatible with 64 bit web browsers.

IE9 comes in two versions a 64 bit and a 32 bit which are both installed on 64 bit Windows operating systems from Vista on up through Windows 7 and Server 2008.

People need to go to the "All Programs" menu and select the Internet Explorer shortcut that does not include the (64-bit) information in its title. If they are using FireFox, Opera, Chrome or any other browser, the need to use a 32 bit version.

None of the movies I tried would play in the 64 bit version of IE9.

I hope this helps somebody.

Official Employee

jmkcurtis wrote:

OK thanks for trying, but the solution is that the Xfinity movies are played on software that is not compatible with 64 bit web browsers.

IE9 comes in two versions a 64 bit and a 32 bit which are both installed on 64 bit Windows operating systems from Vista on up through Windows 7 and Server 2008.

People need to go to the "All Programs" menu and select the Internet Explorer shortcut that does not include the (64-bit) information in its title. If they are using FireFox, Opera, Chrome or any other browser, the need to use a 32 bit version.

None of the movies I tried would play in the 64 bit version of IE9.

I hope this helps somebody.

Yes, there is no Silverlight plug-in for IE9 64-bit so videos will not work. Sorry I didn't make that more clear.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have been unable to upgrade my Xfinity Player, how do I do this?  How do I upgrade my existing

Xfinity player.   

Thomas R.

xxx.xxxxxx@gmail.com

New Poster

GOT A MESSAGE TO DOWNLOAD UPDATE TO MICROSOFT SILVERLIGHT.....SINCE THEN ERROR MSG     571........... NO MOVIES OR VIDEOS WILL PLAY........HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED EVERY THING CONCIEVEABLE..........STILL NOTHING........ MOVIES LINKED TO ADOBE FLASH PLAYER WILL PLAY BUT NOTHING ELSE.......EMAIL ME AT...xxxxxxxxx@HOTMAIL.COM.  AM GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED
My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 66.87.4.216 My operating system: Windows - windows 7 professional My web browser: Chrome 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.52 Safari/536.5 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.2 R202 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: Bw, S, D, Al, Ci, Bi, Bj, Bh, Y, Bq, Bx, Ce, Bb, Bc, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, Cb, Ch, Ar, Aw, Bz, Bm, Au, Bl, Bv, B, U, Bp, Br, Bo, Cj, Bt, Cc, H, Ad, Bn Internet Subscriber: False Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
New Poster

Still can't get to work... is there a solution to this yet?

New Poster

I too am trying to update to the new Xfinity player.  I have a 64 bit system and downloaded silverlight for 64 bit and still cant play the videos.  here is the message on requested link.  Any ideas?

My Device Information My Zip Code: 60103 My Cable Provider: Comcast Schaumburg Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 2, DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.227.187.15 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Sun Aug 26 08:44:14 CDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Sun Aug 26 08:44:15 CDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, bk, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee

Zidane05 wrote:

I too am trying to update to the new Xfinity player.  I have a 64 bit system and downloaded silverlight for 64 bit and still cant play the videos.  here is the message on requested link.  Any ideas?

My Device Information My Zip Code: 60103 My Cable Provider: Comcast Schaumburg Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 2, DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.227.187.15 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Sun Aug 26 08:44:14 CDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Sun Aug 26 08:44:15 CDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, bk, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the link below:

Windows users 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

how do i download xfinity player

Official Employee

miked1965 wrote:

how do i download xfinity player

What video are you trying to watch?

What message is appearing?

Please let me know so I can walk you through it.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Service Expert

Using the 32-bit IE9 version "fixed" the problem with upgrading the xfinity player.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 12 in conversation