Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New X1 satellite box loses audio

New Poster

New X1 satellite box loses audio

Have had X1 for some time, with main box and 3 "satellite" boxes (not sure what you really call them).  Wanted to watch Netflix on one of the satellite boxes, and got a message that we needed a new box. Ordered it, hooked it up (real small square box) and everything seemed to go well, until we noticed that audio would start to intermittantly cut-out or just go out altogether. Checked settings to see if there was anything there to worry about, but didn't see anything. Changed out HDMI cable to see if it was the cable, but still no change.  Only way to get audio is to turn off box and TV and then back on again.  Also, noticed today that when we turn that box/tv on, we get the "Welcome to X1" message, as if we were turning it on for the first time.  None of this happened with the old box. 

We've had all the cables replaced in the house over the last couple of year, amplifiers installed and old crimp connectors replaced with new compression connectors.  Everything seems to be pretty solid.

I think this box is defective, and I need to replace it. Can I do that without having to arrange for a service tech visit?

Service Expert

Re: New X1 satellite box loses audio

Yes you can exchange it for free at your Xfinity store.  I only had to give them the box and they gave me a new package with cables and new remote.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello Bob_CO, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

i'm not sure if this is how i am supposed to do this.

i too lose audio a lot.  it goes out & i have to change channels or turn it off & back on.

everytime i call to report it, i get the same run-around.

tonight, the main box powered down with just a little time to go in the Steeler game.

i have had trouble ever since i got the new boxes i was told i "had to get or i would no longer have service".

thanks

Official Employee

Hello kat42, can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation