Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New X1 Box

New Poster

New X1 Box

We have had the newest version of the X1 Box for about a month now.  The ONLY good thing about this box is the ability to record four programs and watch a fifth.  I have friends who also have this new box and have the same complaints that we do.  We absolutely HATE the guide.  The black background is horrible and the maneuverability is enough to make a sane person crazy.  Also, some shows get recorded multiple times, even when you have it set up to just record NEW.  Sometimes it doesn't say if an episode is new or a repeat after it's been recorded.  I wish I had my old box back.  If this is the future, it SUCKS!!!  I've been told that upgrades will be made to the box automatically when they are available.  I hope that's soon before I lose what's left of my mind.

New Poster

Re: New X1 Box

I have been irratated by the guide and the fact that there's no "DAY JUMP" button's on the remote OR a LIVE button on the remore so if you are watching something and pause it and then want to jump to LIVE you can't you have to FF the whole way.. TOTALLY LAME!!!  I also don't like that you can't program the remote of have the 30 sec FF thing like the old one could, that's dumb because now it takes away your 5 min FF and that's not going to work for me specially if there's no freakin LIVE BUTTON.. .How dumb this remote is.

Other then that I have had a few issues where the box just completely freezes up on me in mid browsing or FF'ing something it just gets STUCK and so long that I have to power down and do a reboot.. that is getting on my nerves.. I love the record 4 and watch one simply because I have roommates and that makes it so everyone can still watch their shows and NOT have to have the $18/mo charge on the bill.. these boxes are alot more cost effecient but still..  The remote SUCKS!!!  Oh and I can't figure out WHY it's setting everything to record on ANY CHANNEL when I set it on the correct channel for the correct time.. and now GLEE is recording at like 6am I had to go cancel all those on my own because it set them to record the REPEATS that come on different channels I dunno if it's because it's NEW to that channel or something but that's so dumb and I can't figure out how to make it not be from ANY channel it's on so I dont have to keep going in and canceling it so it dont cause confliction with other things.. SUPER LAME.   They have alot they need to fix and they DEF need to add those buttons and get us all new remotes this is so dumb and makes me miss the old ones. OH OH OH yeah and I hate that the other boxes that aren't the main one DO NOT HAVE CLOCKS displayed on them.. that sucks REALLY BAD since I used that to look at the time in my room instead of my phone.  They need to fix a few things it looks like... I hope they do it soon.. 

Official Employee

Re: New X1 Box

Csorenson77,
Day jump=with the full guide up use the fast forward
Live= use the exit button
Stop recording any channel= use the guide to choose a show and select this channel only

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation