Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New TV ap has reatrictions TV Go didnt!

New Poster

New TV ap has reatrictions TV Go didnt!

We've always been able to watch live TV on our devices, but after the new "update" now it says "Available to watch in home only." This is not what live tv means! The whole point of paying to watch TV on the go is to be out and about, now I have to be in my wifi? I might as well see on my TV. Please fix this or I will move providers. I dont like this one bit. If your taking away services, we also expect to see a reduction of our monthly bill. This needs to be fixed or reduce monthly bills or Im moving on. Ill await response before I move carriers.
Official Employee

Re: New TV ap has reatrictions TV Go didnt!

Nicageo wrote:
We've always been able to watch live TV on our devices, but after the new "update" now it says "Available to watch in home only." This is not what live tv means! The whole point of paying to watch TV on the go is to be out and about, now I have to be in my wifi? I might as well see on my TV. Please fix this or I will move providers. I dont like this one bit. If your taking away services, we also expect to see a reduction of our monthly bill. This needs to be fixed or reduce monthly bills or Im moving on. Ill await response before I move carriers.

Please filter by "Available out of home" at the top of TV Listings and On Demand. No TV Go content has been removed. Comcast has added your full channel lineup to stream when connected to your in-home XFINITY WiFi network which seen as a benefit by many who like to watch in bed or other locations around the house where there may not be a television. The same TV Go live channels are there and we are adding more every month.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

All listings on XFINITY tv app are not available to iPad and using wifi in home as they are on tv in home.  Example fox 805 is available on home tv but not on iPad or iPhone on home wifi network when you bring up all listings 804 and 806 are there but no 805. What's the story?

Official Employee

skisworld wrote:

All listings on XFINITY tv app are not available to iPad and using wifi in home as they are on tv in home.  Example fox 805 is available on home tv but not on iPad or iPhone on home wifi network when you bring up all listings 804 and 806 are there but no 805. What's the story?

In which city do you live? I will report and get this looking into. Others have reported similar issues in Twin Cities area.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation