Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New DVR will not sync to comcast.net, ipad app or iphone app.

ANSWERED
New Poster

New DVR will not sync to comcast.net, ipad app or iphone app.

My old DVR finally gave out after years of good use.  A tech came out to my house and swapped out a newer one.  Today is Wednesday 12/19 and the DVR was swapped out Friday 12/14.

However whenever I go to comcast.net - DVR Manager it shows that the DVR is still sync'ing.

Sort of same story with XFinity app on my ipad and/or iphone.  The Scheduled Recordings page shows no scheduled recordings for the next 14 days.  Definitely not the case.  Funny thing is, it shows the correct percentage that we have recorded, so it's at least partially communicating with the DVR.

Is there something I have to do or will this eventually sync to comcast.net and my apps?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: New DVR will not sync to comcast.net, ipad app or iphone app.

dsmorey wrote:

My old DVR finally gave out after years of good use.  A tech came out to my house and swapped out a newer one.  Today is Wednesday 12/19 and the DVR was swapped out Friday 12/14.

However whenever I go to comcast.net - DVR Manager it shows that the DVR is still sync'ing.

Sort of same story with XFinity app on my ipad and/or iphone.  The Scheduled Recordings page shows no scheduled recordings for the next 14 days.  Definitely not the case.  Funny thing is, it shows the correct percentage that we have recorded, so it's at least partially communicating with the DVR.

Is there something I have to do or will this eventually sync to comcast.net and my apps?

Thanks

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

it will probably just synch by its own.  Have you tried to do the synch with the apps?   on your cable box in the menu set up see if remote access set up is there.  there will give you set up instructions.

New Poster

Interesting, didn't know you could do that through the box.  I'll try it later tonight and get back to you.

Thanks for the reply...

New Poster

I'll probably just have to wait a little while.  I went to that screen on the box menu and it just basically says to log into comcast.net/mydvr, which is where I was where it shows that a sync is in progress.

New Poster

I am having the same exact problem. Tech support has no clue what is going on. All they know how to do is send a reset to the box. Seems to be a disconnect when we have to replace out boxes. somehow something is not linking back up in the account. If I get an answer from support, I will post it back here.

New Poster

I've always had good experiences with the guys/gals on twitter.  I'll try them and see what they can find out.  Definitely will reply back if anything is resolved.

Thanks...

Silver Problem Solver

when you change out the box the new box needs to be added correctly to your account.  if comcast messes that up your app will not synch with the box. 

Also you should be posting this in the xfinity mobile app section that is monitored by comcast you will get better traction there.

Official Employee

dsmorey wrote:

Thanks

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

ComcastJoe wrote:

Thanks,
Joe

Thanks ComcastJoe.  I just wanted to make sure you knew that I am also working with a guy from twitter named @ComastWill.  I had already contacted him before you sent this message.  His last message was that he was getting this to your DVR manager/app team.

Thanks for the help...

New Poster

Ok all, I said I'd get back to you, so here it is.  Everything is fine now, but it's not something I could fix.  Comcast had to take care of this and I really don't know what they had to do.  Whatever they did, my devices and comcast.com are both working now.  I can see my recordings, I can also schedule/delete recordings again.

Thanks "whoever" at comcast fixed this.

New Poster

Any idea what they did to fix this? I am having the same issue and it is very frustrating since I use my app and xfinity.com to manage all of my DVR recordings, etc.

When I go here: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes, i do see that under where it says "default dvr" there is a little scrolling icon which indicates to me that maybe it is still syncing.

Thanks!

New Poster

No, I have no idea.  I know it took them around 4 days to get it fixed and now it's fine.  I contacted @ComcastBill on twitter and also you'll notice a reply here from ComcastJoe.  So, I'm not sure who actually got it fixed.

Official Employee

bparks679 wrote:

Any idea what they did to fix this? I am having the same issue and it is very frustrating since I use my app and xfinity.com to manage all of my DVR recordings, etc.

When I go here: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes, i do see that under where it says "default dvr" there is a little scrolling icon which indicates to me that maybe it is still syncing.

Thanks!

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I get the exact same problem. I had to swap out my DVR for a new one (because the old one was having problems) and ever since then, when I go to My DVR  I just get the "syncing" message (it's been a couple days).  The Xfinity remote app will not work either, I can't record any shows from it.

Tech support has no idea, they just keep sending a reset signal and telling me to restart the box or my iPad, which I've done repeatedly without any success.  

Silver Problem Solver

sometimes it takes comcast to fix your account to make it work.  If you go to your cable box and press menu, then cable box menu do you see remote access in there?    If you do you can delete it and try to set up again.  If you don'[t it has not synched yet.

Official Employee

blahaha wrote:

I get the exact same problem. I had to swap out my DVR for a new one (because the old one was having problems) and ever since then, when I go to My DVR  I just get the "syncing" message (it's been a couple days).  The Xfinity remote app will not work either, I can't record any shows from it.

Tech support has no idea, they just keep sending a reset signal and telling me to restart the box or my iPad, which I've done repeatedly without any success.  

You had tickets opened but they look like they were filed under the wrong category.

I created a new ticket for you and our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

The menu on the cable box says "activation is in progress" and to go to comcast/myDVR.  However, when I go there it just says "syncing in progress" (which is all it has said for several days.  You mentioned that I could delete remote access and set it up again. How is that done?  There are no options on that screen for anything other than displaying a code (which it never asked me for on the comcast my DVR setup).

Can this just be reset and started over?  Can instructions simply be emailed or listed here?  I've already wasted several hours (including 45 minute hold times) trying to talk to tech support, I don't really have much time or patience left for it.

New Poster

I am in the same boat.  I have this new iPad 4 and I put the Xfinity app on it.  It recognizes my dvr - and I can even change the channel!! - but I cannot record any programs.  It perpetually says it is syncing.  The "red dots" that identify a program will be recorded are gray instead.  I don't know what to do.

Official Employee

tsfrn06 wrote:

I am in the same boat.  I have this new iPad 4 and I put the Xfinity app on it.  It recognizes my dvr - and I can even change the channel!! - but I cannot record any programs.  It perpetually says it is syncing.  The "red dots" that identify a program will be recorded are gray instead.  I don't know what to do.

Has your market been updated to the new guide?:

http://info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/Comcast/VideoMicrosites/MeetYourGuide/Default.aspx?id=31377

If not, then DVR Manager is not available in your area. DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs in the near future.

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Hi.  I created a ticket with technical support last night and it is being researched, but wondering if anyone had a similar issue.

Upgraded to X1 with 3 anyroom boxes. The account was supposed set up for cloud technology.  I can record on any box and see that recording on any tv, however my issue is with the Xfinity TV App for X1 customers.

I open the app, agree to the terms, and can watch tv.  I was able to take my first recording and see it on my ipad 2 (all updates installed) and able to take to go, checking it out of my DVR. I could also watch it on the app, and return it when done.

The problem is seven or so other recordings are on my DVR, which I can see on any of the TVs but the app only show 2 recordings and a much lower % used.

We trues unpluging and rebooting the box, resetting the box to refresh, uninstalling the app, rebooting the ipad and reinstalling the app. Same result.

This morning also while still in my home network installed the app on my iphone 5 and can only see the same 2 movies i see on my ipad, but not all the recordings in the cloud.

Is there something wrong with one of the boxes or the app?  Funny how the error is same on both mobile devices, but that cloud works fine on the three boxes. Take to Go was one of the reasons I upgraded.  I am a bit frustrated as was the teech last night, which was amusing.

Anyone?  Thanks.

New Poster

I have the exact same problem but on Android. Hopefully someone will respond with a solution.

New Poster

Wonder why this says solved when there are so many people with the same problem and no solution in sight. Anyway, I ahve the same problem: swapped in a new DVR, can't find where to delete the old DVR from the app so I can connect this new one. Help appreciated.

New Poster

I have this problem also.

I recently got a DVR, and I am unable to manage my recordings remotely.  The DVR itself works, but the website just says "Syncing in Process".

On the TV Remote App there is no "record" button for any shows, and if I go to the DVR manager it doesn't show any of my recordings and says my DVR is full.

New Poster

Exact same thing here - can't change channel from app, says syncing in progress, no record button on app and DVR full (it is not full). After years of the Xfinity TV Remote app working fine, I replaced my DVR on 10/3/14 and the app hasn't worked right since then. I have spent hours on hold with customer service and talked with multiple customer service reps with no idea of how to resolve this. It clearly sounds like it is a known issue and I'm very surprised that they don't have a known solution. A tech is supposed to call me tonight to help me with this issue. If they are able to fix it, I will post their solution here.

New Poster

This is working for me now. I contacted them on Twitter (@ComcastCares).  I am not sure if they fixed it or if it fixed itself (they were still asking me questions when it started working), but for anyone else with issues -- Twitter seems to be a faster way to get a response.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 12 in conversation