Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New DVR box won't sync with website

Frequent Visitor

New DVR box won't sync with website

Good evening,

I swapped out a broken DVR box two weeks ago, and was told by customer service that it would sync with the website within 24 hours.

When I sign in, it still claims to be syncing.

I called customer service again, and they claimed an engineer would work on it, and I haven't heard a word from anyone, and the problem persists.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Re: New DVR box won't sync with website

Go through tech support chat, see if they can send a reset signal. I had to do that with my DVRs when I started and tney had not synced in the expected timeframe.

TrinkaJ wrote:

Good evening,

I swapped out a broken DVR box two weeks ago, and was told by customer service that it would sync with the website within 24 hours.

When I sign in, it still claims to be syncing.

I called customer service again, and they claimed an engineer would work on it, and I haven't heard a word from anyone, and the problem persists.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

Frequent Visitor

Thank you!  Can you give me an idea where I'd go to find access to tech support chat?  I was looking for that when I found these forums.  

I appreciate your help!

Silver Problem Solver

most likely your issue is that comcast has not added the box to your account correctly so dvr manager isnt functioning.  here is the support link, you can easily google stuff like this to find it.  chat usually cannot fix issues like this. 

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/account/ways-to-get-help/

Regular Contributor

rog286713 wrote:

most likely your issue is that comcast has not added the box to your account correctly so dvr manager isnt functioning.  here is the support link, you can easily google stuff like this to find it.  chat usually cannot fix issues like this. 

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/account/ways-to-get-help/

Actually, chat was the one who finally DID fix my problem after 4 failed tech calls and "an engineer will contact you".  The engineer finally contacted me 4 days after chat fixed the issue.

Regular Contributor

TrinkaJ wrote:

Thank you!  Can you give me an idea where I'd go to find access to tech support chat?  I was looking for that when I found these forums.  

I appreciate your help!

https://www.comcastsupport.com/ChatEntry/

Select the Trouble->Cable TV option.

Frequent Visitor

An update for anyone who's following this.  I've spoken to customer service chat, and had two phone calls.  So far the only solution they've offered is re-settnig the box, and waiting 6 hours.  It hasn't worked.

Feeling like nobody is really taking this seriously, and just on the edge of cancelling service.  Anyone got any help for me?

Silver Problem Solver

go here.  are your cable boxes listed?

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes

what cable box do you have?    If your cable boxes are showing there then go to your cable box and to the box menu see if you see remote access set up listed there.  If you do you can select it and delete the set up and try again.   If none of this works your issue is going to be most likely an issue on comcasts end that you cannot fix.   Unfortunately the regular people are not back until after the holidays. 

Frequent Visitor

Yes.  It's there as "DVR 1"

Frequent Visitor

"TV Control" has the radio button on "off" - if I click that to "on" will that contribute to a solution?

Regular Contributor

rog286713 wrote:

Unfortunately the regular people are not back until after the holidays. 

24/7 support, right?

Regular Contributor

TrinkaJ wrote:

"TV Control" has the radio button on "off" - if I click that to "on" will that contribute to a solution?

Yes, IIRC, TV Control needs to be enabled.  Not sure if you can enable it from your side, but what the heck, give it a shot.

Frequent Visitor

It does let me make the change, and after doing so, I signed out, and re-set the DVR again, and waited overnight.

No luck.  But it gave me a brief flash of hope.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Well it was worth a try. Have you tried chat yet?  Maybe they can help.

Frequent Visitor

Tried a couple chats.  Also customer service left me a couple voice mails.  All recommended resetting the DVR.  I've reset it and reset it, and left it sit longer and longer, and waited longer and longer before opening the DVR manager online.

I think I've established that this will not fix the problem.

I need to try contacting them again.  But I really really hate the telephone, and it seems that's becoming my last resort.  

To tell the truth, I'm more inclined to just give up.  

Official Employee

TrinkaJ wrote:

Tried a couple chats.  Also customer service left me a couple voice mails.  All recommended resetting the DVR.  I've reset it and reset it, and left it sit longer and longer, and waited longer and longer before opening the DVR manager online.

I think I've established that this will not fix the problem.

I need to try contacting them again.  But I really really hate the telephone, and it seems that's becoming my last resort.  

To tell the truth, I'm more inclined to just give up.  

Did they leave a call back number for you? If so, please call it back. This is the best way to get direct assistance.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation