Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New Construction House Install

Regular Contributor

New Construction House Install

Evening,

I just purchased a new construction house on a street with Comcast service to the pole in front of the house. Lines run above ground. 

How will Comcast get the cable wire into my house? I am afraid the installer is just going to run it from the pole to the side of the house and staple it down the side, drill a hole, and be done with it. 

I want to have my electrician install a conduit on the side of the house for Comcast and run it to the basement, but he says Comcast will refuse to use a conduit it did not install.

Any feedback on what to expect? I know there is no cable from the pole and told Comcast that. 

Thanks. I appreciate it. I subscribe to TV, Phone, and Internet. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: New Construction House Install

Comcast's responsibility is to get the line to the side of your house, usually at a point near where other lines enter the house. At that point is up to you or your subcontractors to take it from there.
Official Employee

Re: New Construction House Install

Tek wrote:

Evening,

I just purchased a new construction house on a street with Comcast service to the pole in front of the house. Lines run above ground. 

How will Comcast get the cable wire into my house? I am afraid the installer is just going to run it from the pole to the side of the house and staple it down the side, drill a hole, and be done with it. 

I want to have my electrician install a conduit on the side of the house for Comcast and run it to the basement, but he says Comcast will refuse to use a conduit it did not install.

Any feedback on what to expect? I know there is no cable from the pole and told Comcast that. 

Thanks. I appreciate it. I subscribe to TV, Phone, and Internet. 

Adding to Rick, it's your house, once it's up to your house direct the installer one what you want.

Working in the field myself, if there's conduit with a pull string to pull cable through and there's access, I would use that all day long.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation