Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Need a flash to firmware of my cable card to support 6 tuners

New Poster

Need a flash to firmware of my cable card to support 6 tuners

I'm getting "channel not authorized" on even the basic channels in my new 6 tuner Tivo Bolt.

I removed the cablecard from our old 4 tuner Tivo and placed it into the new machine and made a call to the activation people, after a bit of trouble she said she could see the card and had paired it to the new device.

I've gone around and around with the activation people and they keep sending resets to the card but nothing changes.  Diagnostics say I'm getting a very strong signal @ 97% but still nothing just "channel not authorized".

After a good bit of digging around I came across several references that said the carble card may need a firmware flash to support a 6 tuner machine.

Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Need a flash to firmware of my cable card to support 6 tuners

dah3313 wrote: ... she said she could see the card ...

That's nonsense. Comcast cannot "see" a CableCard in a Tivo -- they are one-way devices as far as CableCard info is concerned.

To troubleshoot this yourself, see :
    CableCARD Installation
    CableCARD Troubleshooting
    Troubleshooting Digital Signals

If you can't find the problem, insist Comcast sends a tech out to identify the cause and correct it. If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have or sign up for their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/account/service-protection-plan/, about $6/mo) and keep it for at least 60 days. If the trouble is due to anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Official Employee

dah3313 wrote:

I'm getting "channel not authorized" on even the basic channels in my new 6 tuner Tivo Bolt.

I removed the cablecard from our old 4 tuner Tivo and placed it into the new machine and made a call to the activation people, after a bit of trouble she said she could see the card and had paired it to the new device.

I've gone around and around with the activation people and they keep sending resets to the card but nothing changes.  Diagnostics say I'm getting a very strong signal @ 97% but still nothing just "channel not authorized".

After a good bit of digging around I came across several references that said the carble card may need a firmware flash to support a 6 tuner machine.

Thanks

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have escalated your issue to the right teams so that we can get all of your subscribed channels for you on your TiVo. That team will review your account and contact you directly. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

BruceW wrote:

That's nonsense. Comcast cannot "see" a CableCard in a Tivo -- they are one-way devices as far as CableCard info is concerned.

Just to clarify, our agents can "see" that there is a cable card listed on the account, confirm the serial number that we have on file compared to what the customer tells us is in the TiVo device, and check that the card is paired correctly and that it is activated.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastTeds wrote:

BruceW wrote:

Just to clarify, our agents can "see" that there is a cable card listed on the account, confirm the serial number that we have on file compared to what the customer tells us is in the TiVo device, and check that the card is paired correctly and that it is activated.

Obviously Comcast can see how its systems are configured, but for a rep to say see they can "see the card" implies the ability to read data from the Tivo regarding its CableCard, and that's just not possible. Reps should avoid such misleading statements.

Service Expert

BruceW wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

BruceW wrote:

Obviously Comcast can see how its systems are configured, but for a rep to say see they can "see the card" implies the ability to read data from the Tivo regarding its CableCard, and that's just not possible. Reps should avoid such misleading statements.

"see" probably shouldn't have been in quotes.  The sentence means the rep can see by looking at the account that there is a cable card listed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

dah3313 wrote:

Thanks

Apologies for the issue that you described above. In reviewing your account, it appears that this issue was recently resolved. If that is not the case, please let me know. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation